Graphics
GeForce GTX 970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have 2x8GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballistix Tactical, which shows up correct in the BIOS, but when I go to System Profile in Yosemite, it reads as DDR3-1333. Is this something I need to be concerned about? Is it just a software bug? Is there a fix?

I have 2x8GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballistix Tactical, which shows up correct in the BIOS, but when I go to System Profile in Yosemite, it reads as DDR3-1333. Is this something I need to be concerned about? Is it just a software bug? Is there a fix?

You may need to correct manually in the OS. What boot loader are you using? IMO it's easier to fix on Clover than other boot loaders...

cheers!

You may need to correct manually in the OS. What boot loader are you using? IMO it's easier to fix on Clover than other boot loaders...

cheers!

Correction. The BIOS reads it as 1333 MHz. I used UniBeast, MultiBeast, and Chimera. Everything works great, except the RAM bus speed.

Correction. The BIOS reads it as 1333 MHz. I used UniBeast, MultiBeast, and Chimera. Everything works great, except the RAM bus speed.

Are you sure you have XMP turned on in the BIOS? I'm pretty sure that w/o XMP, the highest RAM speed the BIOS can detect is 1333...Don't quote me on that, though...:think:

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back