Contribute
Register

Radeon VII (and new AMD gpus) compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a bate and bought VII today, unfortunately there is no OpenCL or Metal acceleration for me.
The cards boots just fine with or without Lilu + WEG.
I have no idea what to do now.

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 6.44.17 PM.png

I know it works for some people, but they never told how they set it up, what kext they use, or anything.
That might even be the UEFI/CSM setting, who knows, there are so many solutions, that it's impossible to try them all.
But it's clearly not OOB GPU for now.

The hell? How come?! I have same situation that no Open CL or Metal. Could you upload your EFI or tell us what to do or what to download?

You can find my EFI in my Z370 build thread. Link is below in my signature.

Last edited:
I know it works for some people, but they never told how they set it up, what kext they use, or anything.
That might even be the UEFI/CSM setting, who knows, there are so many solutions, that it's impossible to try them all.
But it's clearly not OOB GPU for now.

It worked OOB for me. I didn't have to do or change anything. I just pulled out my Vega 56, plugged in the Radeon VII, and done. No changes to config.plist, no changes to kexts, no SSDT/DSDT, nothing.

You can find me EFI in my Z370 build thread. Link is below in my signature.
No problem. I will have a looks once I have a chance jump back to my build.
Thanks in advance!

It worked OOB for me. I didn't have to do or change anything. I just pulled out my Vega 56, plugged in the Radeon VII, and done. No changes to config.plist, no changes to kexts, no SSDT/DSDT, nothing.
That doesn't mean the card works OOB, that's why there are people with the card not working. That only means that your Hack was configured for Radeons before and you didn't have to change a thing. I am switching from team green right now, and have no idea how to set up a hack for Radeons.

What about the softpowerplaykext?

Radeon vii is now at end of life meaning they have stopped production of these cards. Get em while you can.

That doesn't mean the card works OOB, that's why there are people with the card not working. That only means that your Hack was configured for Radeons before and you didn't have to change a thing. I am switching from team green right now, and have no idea how to set up a hack for Radeons.

First remove or uninstall web drivers. Then add lilu and weg Kexts.

First remove or uninstall web drivers. Then add lilu and weg Kexts.
I clearly did all of that. You can't install web drivers on Mojave in the first place. The card boots fine with or without WEG. It happens to be not the kext issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back