Contribute
Register

Radeon VII (and new AMD gpus) compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so that actually didn't work. The problem is so sporadic that the extra time I got I thought it was fixed. Still had the issues but I did find out what was the problem.

There is a setting on my board (ASUS Rog Strix Gaming z390-I) and you should check yours "Hyper M.2x16" which changes the speed of the PCI ports for the NVME sticks. This was causing my Radeon card to run at 8x instead of 16x which was causing ALL the issues. Once I disabled this everything worked perfectly. If you don't have this setting then verify your Radeon is running at 16x in your BIOS. I also read that if you have 8x cards installed in other PCI slots that can affect the speed of your GFX card. If you can't find out if your card is running at 16x and you do have other PCI cards installed then I'd remove everything but the GFX card and see if that works. Let me know if this works or if you need anything else.
Hi niner,

Thank you. I'm pretty sure my Vii work with 16x, I only have a PCIE network device on the x1.

Hi niner,

Thank you. I'm pretty sure my Vii work with 16x, I only have a PCIE network device on the x1.
Well at the very least I'd give it a shot without your network device installed. Let me know what you find if anything.

Well at the very least I'd give it a shot without your network device installed. Let me know what you find if anything.
Sadly nothing happened after I remove the network device. Still have KP issue.

Run a radeon VII with the mini 6pin ONLY with powerplaytable;

I tested the kext on 10.15.1 beta3 but blackscreen with Whatevergreen(1.3.4), I modified the kext and now working perfectly for Radeon VII.

Attachments

• CustomPowerPlay.kext.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 109
Hi! Is there still problems with non Sapphire Radeon VII in 10.14.6 and beyond? I have a Sapphire version working very well in a x299 system, want to build another one but can't find Sapphire's VII anywhere. Thank you.

How Do I Fix This Mess Mac Pro 2012 3.2 GHZ 16 gb ddr 3 Radeon VII radeon hd5770

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 09.41.44.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 09.41.44.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 09.41.57.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 09.41.57.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 177
  • Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 09.42.02.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 09.42.02.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 09.42.05.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 09.42.05.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
I can’t for the life of me get any temperature or frequency data from my Radeon VII. I use virtualsmc, which I know doesn’t have GPU sensors. I was able to read out just temp with fakesmc, but I lost all CPU data. My Vega FE reads out just fine. I’ve tried both iStat menus and hwmonitor.

Any insight I can use to figure this out? Anyone have temps with a Radeon VII?

I can’t for the life of me get any temperature or frequency data from my Radeon VII. I use virtualsmc, which I know doesn’t have GPU sensors. I was able to read out just temp with fakesmc, but I lost all CPU data. My Vega FE reads out just fine. I’ve tried both iStat menus and hwmonitor.

Any insight I can use to figure this out? Anyone have temps with a Radeon VII?

You are not alone ;-)
me neither (with FakeSMC + various plugins including the GPU one)
Having such readings would be the icing on the cake of my Hack-beast!
I'm currently optionless....

How Do I Fix This Mess Mac Pro 2012 3.2 GHZ 16 gb ddr 3 Radeon VII radeon hd5770

You can fix with clover configurator/device/properties.

Follow the instructions;

Use the Hackintool to learn correct device path.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 12.45.59.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 12.45.59.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
Solved it myself...
If you have pci-e 4.0 board, change it back to 3.0..
You have ASROCK Phantom Radeon VII? How it works on hackintosh? I have huge discount on it and wondering if it is good choice for Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back