Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H110M-H
CPU
Pentium G4560
Graphics
Radeon RX550
Ok, so I have a Radeon RX550 graphics card, but it's the Lexa version. It 100% works in Catalina with Clover, I've been using it for a while like that. Recently I decided to upgrade to Big Sur, from scratch and I succesfully installed Big Sur using OC 0.6.7 but with no dGPU injected. I went searching how to patch the GPU on OC, and found that the Lexa models aren't supported in any macOS, which I found weird having used this graphics card for a while now. I booted up Windows 10 and found in CPU-Z that mine is indeed Lexa:

1614943576551.png

So now I have conflicting arguments. I decided to try anyways, and found this guide. No success.
I then tried booting my Catalina install with Clover 5122 with these GPU injections:

Devices > FakeID > ATI > 0x67ff1002
Graphics > Inject > ATI > True
ACPI > DSDT > Fixes > FixDisplay > True

And it injected the gpu correctly.

By the way, both of the EFIs I used and mentioned, I got from GitHub, using my same CPU. Their OC config worked great for installing Big Sur, but the Clover config is 5122, and it doesn't support Big Sur. I have tried and tried to make my own Clover and OC config from scratch, but never succeeded. That's why I used a premade one.

I need help either updating the Clover 5122 config/EFI to 5131, or patching the OpenCore config to inject my graphics card, which clearly works with macOS.

PS: I know I probably butchered some terms and whatnot (i.e.: mixing config and EFI); I'm still learning, and your help would be very appreciated :)

Ok, so I have a Radeon RX550 graphics card, but it's the Lexa version. It 100% works in Catalina with Clover, I've been using it for a while like that. Recently I decided to upgrade to Big Sur, from scratch and I succesfully installed Big Sur using OC 0.6.7 but with no dGPU injected. I went searching how to patch the GPU on OC, and found that the Lexa models aren't supported in any macOS, which I found weird having used this graphics card for a while now. I booted up Windows 10 and found in CPU-Z that mine is indeed Lexa:

View attachment 511170

So now I have conflicting arguments. I decided to try anyways, and found this guide. No success.
I then tried booting my Catalina install with Clover 5122 with these GPU injections:

Devices > FakeID > ATI > 0x67ff1002
Graphics > Inject > ATI > True
ACPI > DSDT > Fixes > FixDisplay > True

And it injected the gpu correctly.

By the way, both of the EFIs I used and mentioned, I got from GitHub, using my same CPU. Their OC config worked great for installing Big Sur, but the Clover config is 5122, and it doesn't support Big Sur. I have tried and tried to make my own Clover and OC config from scratch, but never succeeded. That's why I used a premade one.

I need help either updating the Clover 5122 config/EFI to 5131, or patching the OpenCore config to inject my graphics card, which clearly works with macOS.

PS: I know I probably butchered some terms and whatnot (i.e.: mixing config and EFI); I'm still learning, and your help would be very appreciated :)

Damiante,

You can have a look at my build here which works with Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey. I have a RX550 which I have gotten working through using a SSDT-GPU-Spoof.aml file > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...4-ga-z170n-wifi-samsung-860-evo-rx550.313767/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back