Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 570 and RX 580, how good is the native support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just noticed that my GPU is reporting its in a PCIEX4 slot when its actually in a PCIEX16 slot. Presumably this affects performance. Any idea what's going on?

AMD Radeon RX 570:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon RX 570
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x4
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 4096 MB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x67df
Revision ID: 0x00ef
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.3180
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1

Is your video card plugged in to the first PCIe slot? Do you have any other cards plugged in to other PCIe slots? If I'm not mistaken, you only get the full x16 lane width if you don't have any other cards plugged into other slots.

Is your video card plugged in to the first PCIe slot? Do you have any other cards plugged in to other PCIe slots? If I'm not mistaken, you only get the full x16 lane width if you don't have any other cards plugged into other slots.

Yes, I have a wireless/bluetooth card plugged into the other PCIEX4 slot. I removed it but it made no difference.

I'm thinking it's maybe AMD Crossfire turned on. On a PC, there's a console to turn it on/off apparently. Haven't found anything similar for macOS.

I purchased a Sapphire AMD Radeon Pulse RX 570 4GB card to replace my old Nvidia GeForce GTX 960.

Only required settings in config.plist required were
Plus remove the NvidiaWeb parameter (or set to false) and uninstall the Nvidia Web Drivers, see https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-uninstall-nvidia-web-driver.187499/

I now have dual monitors working using DisplayPort.

Any help/info on the FBName parameter would be appreciated.
Hi, thanks for that. Just out of curiosity I threw the card in and booted the machine... worked! Kinda funky, not changed anything, of coure the Nvida driver told me there was no GPU.

Seeing I had not done a clean install since Sierra I decided to wipe my HD and do a nice clean Mojave build. Getting roughly the same performance as my GTX 970 but without any driver headache. Mojave works out of the box, reports the card properly under About This Mac. Very pleased. Not tried Windows yet.

I've just noticed that my GPU is reporting its in a PCIEX4 slot when its actually in a PCIEX16 slot. Presumably this affects performance. Any idea what's going on?

AMD Radeon RX 570:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon RX 570
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x4
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 4096 MB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x67df
Revision ID: 0x00ef
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.3180
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1

I noticed that I had to set Inject ATI=true in order to get x16.

I am getting very serious artifacts though, and it would seem my system is recognizing my DELL U2715H Monitor and a TV display since I only get NTSC or PAL resolution choices.

IMG_3152.JPG

I purchased a Sapphire AMD Radeon Pulse RX 570 4GB card to replace my old Nvidia GeForce GTX 960.

Only required settings in config.plist required were

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>FBName</key>
<string>Orinoco</string>. [Changed from Dayman. NOT SURE IF THIS IS RIGHT AS I HAVE 2XDP, 2XDHMI, 1XDVI]
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<true/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>RadeonDeInit</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Plus remove the NvidiaWeb parameter (or set to false) and uninstall the Nvidia Web Drivers, see https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-uninstall-nvidia-web-driver.187499/

I now have dual monitors working using DisplayPort.

Any help/info on the FBName parameter would be appreciated.

Hey-up,

may I ask how those edits are supposed to be done? I can't find the necessary keys (see attached screenshot)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 12.08.21.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 12.08.21.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 338
is there any black screen boot and boot glitch?
did you ever find a solution to black screen/second stage flash. mine works fine with IGD 630 but as soon as i switch to asrock rx 570 8gb i get second stage flash or no screen on direct hdd boot. have also tried a personalized dsdt.aml today with no success.

did you ever find a solution to black screen/second stage flash. mine works fine with IGD 630 but as soon as i switch to asrock rx 570 8gb i get second stage flash or no screen on direct hdd boot. have also tried a personalized dsdt.aml today with no success.
No, I didn't find it cause this is a common problem and there is no solution so far.

No, I didn't find it cause this is a common problem and there is no solution so far.
bummer, i see you have RX 560 in your build does that work or you keep it disabled.

bummer, i see you have RX 560 in your build does that work or you keep it disabled.
Second stage white flashes is a common problem it doesn't matter disable IGPU or Discrete GPU. There is no fix for that.

@Maya2013 or others with an RX570. Can you confirm what model you have and if it is truely silent (i.e. the fans stop) when you are not under heavy load. The Sapphire Pulse one advertises that, but I also see other models with lots of complaints about noise. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back