Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 570 and RX 580, how good is the native support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I got rog rx 560 and it worked fine no problems whatsoever, but recently I decided to make new bootable with unibeast and it made a completly setup I don't know why and it gives me the error black screen pick My I saved my ego from previous installations and it worked but dont know why unibeast did it but I'm trying to update to rx580

Not for me...
It works perfect...
The black screen issue is solved but are you saying that you see NO screen flash and/or screen garbage on the second stage boot of Apple loading bar ?
If not, pls share your clover config.plist and how you setup your BIOS for the PCIE graphics. Thx.

Hi mates,
I am currently using a GTX 650 on my 10.13 HS...
wanted to switch to this:

SAPPHIRE RX 580 4GB PULSE or
SAPPHIRE RX 570 8GB NITRO+

which you guys prefer? this is offered to me with the same price by my friend...

also, may i ask how should I made the switch?
I mean, when do I pull out the current GPU? should I install kext first with the GTX650 installed then turn off then, mount the AMD?

Hope you can help!

Thank you so much!

I have RX580 just bought it after reading this post, NATIVE SUPPORT YES !!! right of the package i've instaleld into my PC and turned on and even the boot menu of the hackintosh is being supported with NATIVE RX580 drivers which is awesome. I do get some mintor problems with colors being strange and performance being weaker but i would just have to work it out to see. I had GTX 760 before this and used Web Drivers for that, might be the case. But again NAtive does work !!!

High Sierra is here but no updated drivers and I read online that the relationship between Apple and Nvidia has soured. On top of that, there have always been small bugs with the Nvidia web drivers. So, I'm now seriously considering the move to an AMD card as Apple has native support for those.

2 questions,
- are the 570 and 580 cards you see for sale 100% compatible or do we need special versions?
- does anyone have any experience with these 2 cards?

I purchased a Sapphire AMD Radeon Pulse RX 570 4GB card to replace my old Nvidia GeForce GTX 960.

Only required settings in config.plist required were

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>FBName</key>
<string>Orinoco</string>. [Changed from Dayman. NOT SURE IF THIS IS RIGHT AS I HAVE 2XDP, 2XDHMI, 1XDVI]
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<true/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>RadeonDeInit</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Plus remove the NvidiaWeb parameter (or set to false) and uninstall the Nvidia Web Drivers, see https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-uninstall-nvidia-web-driver.187499/

I now have dual monitors working using DisplayPort.

Any help/info on the FBName parameter would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I purchased a Sapphire AMD Radeon Pulse RX 570 4GB card to replace my old Nvidia GeForce GTX 960.

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>FBName</key>
<string>Dayman</string>. [NOT SURE IF THIS IS RIGHT AS I HAVE 2XDP, 2XDHMI, 1XDVI]
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<true/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>RadeonDeInit</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Plus remove the NvidiaWeb parameter (or set to false) and uninstall the Nvidia Web Drivers, see https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-uninstall-nvidia-web-driver.187499/

I have same number and types of ports and I believe the right FBName is Orinoco.

Hi Maya2013, I've got a MSI RX 580 but the number and types of ports are the same as yours
I'm trying to get the dual monitor to work with displayport and hdmi, does your hdmi work as a second monitor?
and besides the config setting you use, do you use whatevergreen at the same time?
Thanks a lot:)

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>FBName</key>
<string>Dayman</string>. [NOT SURE IF THIS IS RIGHT AS I HAVE 2XDP, 2XDHMI, 1XDVI]
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<true/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>RadeonDeInit</key>
<true/>
</dict>

r+6
Hi Maya2013, I've got a MSI RX 580 but the number and types of ports are the same as yours
I'm trying to get the dual monitor to work with displayport and hdmi, does your hdmi work as a second monitor?
and besides the config setting you use, do you use whatevergreen at the same time?
Thanks a lot:)

Just tried to both HDMI ports, no luck unfortunately i.e. black screen.

I don't use whatever green.

r+6

Just tried to both HDMI ports, no luck unfortunately i.e. black screen.

I don't use whatever green.

I see :) Thanks for testing it out for me!!!
Much appreciated!

I've just noticed that my GPU is reporting its in a PCIEX4 slot when its actually in a PCIEX16 slot. Presumably this affects performance. Any idea what's going on?

AMD Radeon RX 570:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon RX 570
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x4
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 4096 MB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x67df
Revision ID: 0x00ef
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.3180
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1

Status