Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I'm currently using on MacOS Mojave:
- latest Lilu + WhatEverGreen kexts (I also have AppleALC kext for DP audio)
- iGPU enabled in the BIOS - PCIE1 slot set as Primary

In Clover I don't need anymore anything.. While before I needed Inject Intel + an ig-platform-id, now I don't need both they nor any patch. Everything works perfectly :)

BruceX 5K Test takes about 17 s and exporting HEVC videos from Photo.app is very fast thanks to hardware acceleration (AppleGVAHEVCDecoder).

I have the same system as you. Could you share with me your efi (please remove there serials and stuff). I think im very close to a solution but still having issues even booting into Mac OS. I managed to install w/ my previous setup from High Sierra but then I started getting system hangs with the Photos app and kernel crashes etc. So I'm thinking about redoing the whole thing. I'm on Mojave

I have the same system as you. Could you share with me your efi (please remove there serials and stuff). I think im very close to a solution but still having issues even booting into Mac OS. I managed to install w/ my previous setup from High Sierra but then I started getting system hangs with the Photos app and kernel crashes etc. So I'm thinking about redoing the whole thing. I'm on Mojave

I have a different motherboard so my Clover config probably won't work, also because I use a custom SSDT for USB (which is different for every motherboard).

This are the settings that I'm using:
- enable iGPU in the BIOS (set "enabled", not automatic)
- install latest Lilu + Whatevergreen kext on your EFI folder (in Kexts>Others)
- remove every settings about GPU or CPU in your Clover Config: you don't need Inject Intel, ig-platform-id, RadeonDeInit or any FakeID

I'm using iMac18,3 as system ID. If you attach your EFI folder I can see if there's something to remove

I have a different motherboard so my Clover config probably won't work, also because I use a custom SSDT for USB (which is different for every motherboard).

This are the settings that I'm using:
- enable iGPU in the BIOS (set "enabled", not automatic)
- install latest Lilu + Whatevergreen kext on your EFI folder (in Kexts>Others)
- remove every settings about GPU or CPU in your Clover Config: you don't need Inject Intel, ig-platform-id, RadeonDeInit or any FakeID

I'm using iMac18,3 as system ID. If you attach your EFI folder I can see if there's something to remove
Thanks for your reply. Yea the custom SSDT etc will be different but I'm sure I can bridge the difference and I feel like I have and I'm missing some random detail. Heres my clover:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 75
Thanks for your reply. Yea the custom SSDT etc will be different but I'm sure I can bridge the difference and I feel like I have and I'm missing some random detail. Heres my clover:

You're using too manu kexts that necessary. Delete the following ones:
- codeccommander.kext
- Dummy.kext
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext
- IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
- Shiki.kext
- swapID.kext
- VoodooTSCSync.kext

All the others are up to date, this is a positive things.

Also your config.plist is a big mess.. try using the one attached :)

You also have to remove apfs.efi (you're already using ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi) and replace OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi with AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.
If you're using APFS, you can remove HFSPlus.efi and PartitionDxe-64.efi. This in your drivers64UEFI folder.
Ensure also that your Clover installation is updated.

Follow this guide to create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
Maybe you can find one already build from someone with your motherboard, it's pretty used :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
You're using too manu kexts that necessary. Delete the following ones:
- codeccommander.kext
- Dummy.kext
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext
- IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
- Shiki.kext
- swapID.kext
- VoodooTSCSync.kext

All the others are up to date, this is a positive things.

Also your config.plist is a big mess.. try using the one attached :)

You also have to remove apfs.efi (you're already using ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi) and replace OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi with AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.
If you're using APFS, you can remove HFSPlus.efi and PartitionDxe-64.efi. This in your drivers64UEFI folder.
Ensure also that your Clover installation is updated.

Follow this guide to create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
Bruh thanks for your help and time. Ill give this a shot as soon as I get home.

Its no longer supported on macos 10.14 release, Is there any resource to enable hevc and h264 hard encoding without iGPU and my card is RX470.

got the same question. it bothers me i got a rx580 but could hardly use it for fcpx. if h.264 could only be software i would be ok with that. i want hevc hardware encoding. also i want to view itunes movies. it is all possible, but i have to choose. do i want a imacpro smbios with no drm problems. or do i want a imac bios and change the board id for h.264 support. or do i enable the igpu and change the board id also, so i could render with quicksync (and the card i bought is almost useless). And there are more examples like this.

It Can not be fixed all at once. at this moment it seems like there is no solution that gives h.264.. hardware hevc encoding and iTunes DRM support.

Last edited:
somebody solved this for mojave?

kernel kext patches:
Name
AMDRadeonX4000
Comment
Rename IOGVACodec to IOGVACodex
Find
494F4756 41436F64 6563
Replace
494F4756 41436F64 6578
This method is no longer effective on 10.14 official