Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little bit more precision required.

He suggested:
0x3e910003 or 0x3e920003. What did you use ?

He suggested:
waiting for official release or roll back to 10.13.6. What did you do ?
The first one.. and it worked. Had it not -- I would have tried the second.

iMac18,1 has no OffLineRenderer setting in AppleGVA info.plist, IQSV will not work properly, should use iMac14,2 or iMac18,2 instead.

For IQSV (UHD630), connectorless ig-platform-id 0x59120003 may not work on your current OS, try 0x3e910003 or 0x3e920003.

AMD HEVC encoder not work properly on your current OS, waiting for official release or roll back to 10.13.6.
thanks again for the amazing help. The computer won't sleep after the changes. It did before. Anything I can try to fix that without losing the ability to render? Thanks!

thanks again for the amazing help. The computer won't sleep after the changes. It did before. Anything I can try to fix that without losing the ability to render? Thanks!

Upload your ioreg dump and config.plist may helpful.

Normally, enable IQSV will not cause sleep/wake issue (HD630 + DGPU ok, UHD630 + DGPU not sure), IGPU and GFX0 device properties mismatch in ACPI (dsdt/ssdt) may cause PM issue.

Try install latest Lilu + WhateverGreen, it will inject necessary properties to dsdt/ssdt.

Normally, enable IQSV will not cause sleep/wake issue (HD630 + DGPU ok, UHD630 + DGPU not sure), IGPU and GFX0 device properties mismatch in ACPI (dsdt/ssdt) may cause PM issue.

Try install latest Lilu + WhateverGreen, it will inject necessary properties to dsdt/ssdt.
yup.. I've got 1.2.5 and 1.2 -- so, they are the latest. Very strange.. just changed the smbios to 18,2 and 0x3e910003 . maybe I'll try 0x3e920003 ?

updated to beta 6 of Mojave and it sleeps fine now. Weird. Still can't render in Premiere. I've tried all settings.. OpenCL, Metal and Software. Program crashes every time I try to render. So strange.

Spoke too soon.. the new install must have reset some stuff. I'm gonna go and do the earlier steps again. I cannot now render in Davinci.

Will rx 580 still be freeze when rendered on Premiere/fcpx with 10.14 pb8? I do not know if apple has fixed this bug or not. Tks

@shuhung @Gigamaxx @Stork @tonymacx86
Experts,
We need your support/guide (onestop)
  1. How to make H.264 encode work properly in High Sierra 10.13.6
  2. How to make fcpx & google chrome smooth as before in Sierra 10.12.X with H.264, HEVC Support on Skylake,Kabylake, Coffeelake Systems with AMD RX470/480/480/580 Cards
  3. Please help NOOBS like us, because most of the forum posts flies off the NOOBS head.
Did you manage to make it work?

Tested in 10.13.6, IOGVACodec workaround patch work.
Rename IOGVACodec workaround for system without IGPU or people do not want to enable IQSV, AMDEllesmereGraphicsAccelerator (RX470/480/570/580) only, not work with RX460/560.

When IQSV is enabled by connector-less ig-platform-id, do not need swapID.kext, arbitrary fake device-id or rename IOGVACodec patch, all GVA encoding and decoding are handled by IGPU, no FCPX freeze.

I disabled my HD530 in Bios, uses the patch an all Exports in FCPX works well. Additional all DRM (iTunes, Movie etc works well).

The only think is, that my screen mirroring to atv4 is gone ..... It is possible to make it work again?

I'm using a X99 based system with the rx580 card, and to resolve the rendering issue all I needed to change was to change my system definition to MacPro5,1. I hope this helps for you.

EDIT: Issue has not been resolved. This is incorrect because MacPro 5,1 can only do software rendering.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back