Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Motherboard
ASRock B360-HDV
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 470
Mobile Phone
iOS
@j1979
1. Disable your iGPU in BIOS
2. replace the EFI folder with attached. (rename your EFI to EFI-backup, copy attached EFI to your ESP partition)

Attachments

Motherboard
Asrock z370
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
@j1979
1. Disable your iGPU in BIOS
2. replace the EFI folder with attached. (rename your EFI to EFI-backup, copy attached EFI to your ESP partition)
Did not help. As soon as I add any effect to the FCPX 10.4.5 -10.4.6, the image freezes, the sound goes, the mouse moves, but the system does not respond. In Davinchi Resolv all working with effects and nodes.

Motherboard
Asrock Z77 Pro4
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
rx 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey guys!

I'm trying to get HEVC hardware acceleration with my rx 480 without luck. I'm using SMBIOS 13,2 on my i7-3770 and whatevergreen+lilu have platform id 0x01620007 so I have igpu acceleration on headless mode.

I have H264 hardware acceleration and everything its working great except no HEVC.
I have tried to use x4250.kext on EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other but no luck.
I'm not sure if using imac pro SMBIOS it's going to work or give more headaches with my "old" system.

Anyway maybe I don't know if I really need HEVC as I only use Premiere Pro to work with Nikon Dslr videos and export it for youtube.

I'm glad to listen all your tips!
Thanks.

Motherboard
Asrock B365M Phantom Gaming
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630 + RX 580
Mobile Phone
iOS
All your config was a mess... let me know if your usb is working, I did add the correct patch. Disable IGPU from Bios, boot in UEFI mode, update FCPX with software update.
I have one more option to try but after you tell me if it worked.

Attachments

Motherboard
Asrock z370
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
All your config was a mess... let me know if your usb is working, I did add the correct patch. Disable IGPU from Bios, boot in UEFI mode, update FCPX with software update.
I have one more option to try but after you tell me if it worked.
That didn't help :( I did everything as you said. I have is the latest version of the OS and FCPX. When I start adding effects, everything hangs in just a minute. Sometimes it hangs without effects, but can work longer.

Motherboard
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630 + RX 580
Mobile Phone
iOS
That didn't help :( I did everything as you said. I have is the latest version of the OS and FCPX. When I start adding effects, everything hangs in just a minute. Sometimes it hangs without effects, but can work longer.
Ok now we will try something else.

Motherboard
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630 + RX 580
Mobile Phone
iOS
  1. Now Enable IGPU in Bios and select DVMT 128 MB or 64 MB, PEG (RX 580) as primary.
  2. Replace EFI folder.
  3. If still not working we will try something else.
  4. What MacOS version are you using??

Attachments

Last edited: