Contribute
Register

Radeon RX 4XX/5XX standalone system, AMDRadeonX4250.kext (GVA support H264) does not support HEVC HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
That didn't help :( I did everything as you said. I have is the latest version of the OS and FCPX. When I start adding effects, everything hangs in just a minute. Sometimes it hangs without effects, but can work longer.

1. Now Enable IGPU in Bios and select DVMT 128 MB or 64 MB, PEG (RX 580) as primary.
  2. Replace EFI folder.
  3. If still not working we will try something else.
  4. What MacOS version are you using??

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
  1. Now Enable IGPU in Bios and select DVMT 128 MB or 64 MB, PEG (RX 580) as primary.
  2. Replace EFI folder.
  3. If still not working we will try something else.
  4. What MacOS version are you using??
Mac os 10.4.6 but 10.4.5 there were the same problems

Effects began to work. But back to the problem with which I've struggled. Now slows down the playback of multi-camera clips. If one clip then everything is fine but a few then starts to slow down. This is critical for me as I mount multi-camera clips. Most likely this is due to the fact that now works mainly intel and not radeon. I've tried disabling intel inject and other options. It turns out that either effects or multi-camera clips work. Or not at encoding h.264 and hevc, or do not work effects. All together not works :(

Mac os 10.4.6 but 10.4.5 there were the same problems

Effects began to work. But back to the problem with which I've struggled. Now slows down the playback of multi-camera clips. If one clip then everything is fine but a few then starts to slow down. This is critical for me as I mount multi-camera clips. Most likely this is due to the fact that now works mainly intel and not radeon. I've tried disabling intel inject and other options. It turns out that either effects or multi-camera clips work. Or not at encoding h.264 and hevc, or do not work effects. All together not works :(

Download Ioregistry Explorer and post a copy here, top left -> file save.

I am also using FCPX and don’t experience problems, using IGPU +DGPU, both enabled works best for me, no DRM content.

You should stick to 10.14.5 for now, maybe reinstall FCPX.

Those clips are on external drive or inside like in your computer ? If it’s external then it mean you have USB problems with slow data transfer.

Download Ioregistry Explorer and post a copy here, top left -> file save.

I am also using FCPX and don’t experience problems, using IGPU +DGPU, both enabled works best for me, no DRM content.

You should stick to 10.14.5 for now, maybe reinstall FCPX.

Those clips are on external drive or inside like in your computer ? If it’s external then it mean you have USB problems with slow data transfer.
All clips on the internal drive. Davinchi works with them perfectly. The program reinstalled.

Attachments

• mac.ioreg
    17.3 MB · Views: 117
I
All clips on the internal drive. Davinchi works with them perfectly. The program reinstalled.
I’m not at the computer for now, will see the file later.

With the latest EFI folder I posted and with IGPU + DGPU boot with -wegoff (will disable whatevergreen and use the clover settings).
At the clover boot menu add -wegoff

Hi All,
I have the same problem (NO HEVC support) with my system:
VideoProc 2.png

Gigabyte Z390 Designare
Intel i9-9900K
Sapphire RX 580 pulse 8 gb
MacOS Mojave 10.14.5/smbios iMac 19,1/Lilu+WEG/iGPU headless Mode setting (via devices/properties)

I have tried installing the dummy141.kext in /Library/Extensions but without solving the problem.
Any Idea about?

Thanks in advance for Your help

I

I’m not at the computer for now, will see the file later.

With the latest EFI folder I posted and with IGPU + DGPU boot with -wegoff (will disable whatevergreen and use the clover settings).
At the clover boot menu add -wegoff

Your configuration did not work. When disconnecting Igpu, the encoding in h264 is passed. Added this parameter to my original configuration. And while it works! Effects do not hang. 3 cameras in 4k support for multi-camera video editing. If 4 cameras then it starts to slow down. But I think this is normal.

Your original configuration didn’t had power management and usb was not configured correctly, it was a mess.

I said that you should enable IGPU in bios and use DGPU (rx 580) as video output with the latest EFI folder, -wegoff at the boot screen to disable whatevergreen kext and use the clover config.
Not at the computer to check the ioreg file.

Your original configuration didn’t had power management and usb was not configured correctly, it was a mess.

I said that you should enable IGPU in bios and use DGPU (rx 580) as video output with the latest EFI folder, -wegoff at the boot screen to disable whatevergreen kext and use the clover config.
Not at the computer to check the ioreg file.
I did as you said. My system is stuck on boot. I have delivered the very first configuration that you sent ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-does-not-support-hevc-hw.240353/post-1963367 ). Added a wegoff there. Everything works, but when you exit the sleep mode, the sound disappears and the fan video card c turns wildly for a few seconds. Can you fix this?

Attachments

• EFI 7.zip
    31 MB · Views: 111

Attachments

• EFI .zip
    31 MB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back