Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

I ordered a XFX Vega 56 from Amazon 4 days ago and still don't have a shipping date. I really hope this card works in my upcoming/first hackintosh build. I've heard mix things with XFX and hackintosh builds.

Keep us posted, their rx 470-580 series work but the 460-560 no.

I just got a price quote for a MSI 56 dual fan $599 US. Ouch!
Haha, how many Vega card do you need :p

I ordered a XFX Vega 56 from Amazon 4 days ago and still don't have a shipping date. I really hope this card works in my upcoming/first hackintosh build. I've heard mix things with XFX and hackintosh builds.
Hopefully works, as its reference version and there shouldn't be any different between them most probably should work.

I don't know if you can but maybe try cpuid 0x0306A0 the Ivy bridge ID to see if you can fool the OS into non-Skylake/kabylake mode. Maybe add nullcpupowermanaementkext to clover kext folder with FakeSMCkext.

Update 9/2/17: Latest HS beta ... dual RX470 working. no black screen boot. onboard gfx disabled. Using 'MacPro6,1', latest clover, used latest multibeast, lilu 1.7, evergreen .... success!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 10.38.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 10.38.15 AM.png
    149.1 KB · Views: 325
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 10.44.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 10.44.20 AM.png
    124.7 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Update 9/2/17: Latest HS beta ... dual RX470 working. no black screen boot. onboard gfx disabled. Using 'MacPro6,1', latest clover, used latest multibeast, lilu 1.7, evergreen .... success!!!!!!!!!!

This is awesome news! Nice!

Keep us posted, their rx 470-580 series work but the 460-560 no.

Thanks for the clarification. I just built my first mackintosh. I was having a terrible time finding any "reasonably priced" RX 580 except the XFX. Read your comment and pulled the trigger on one from Best Buy.

So far it's working great! All I did was add Lilu and WhateverGreen to an EFI folder and it's good to go. No doing all those mods and downloading drivers like I'm reading about with the GTX cards.

My 470 works great with whatevergreen.

Only issue is that playing games or benchmarks it locks up (e.g. screen goes solid color white/black/grey and sounds play for a bit then those stop too)

Any ideas? Anyone experience anything similar?

Lilu and WhateverGreen worked for a XFX RX 570 4GB. Running 3K Dual Dell monitors at the moment.

Anyway to control fan speed and temps like in WattMan or Afterburner (windows apps)?

Lilu and WhateverGreen worked for a XFX RX 570 4GB. Running 3K Dual Dell monitors at the moment.

Anyway to control fan speed and temps like in WattMan or Afterburner (windows apps)?

No, Apple has autowattman, and we have no controls or way to measure temps and fan speeds yet. There is thermal protection, and, after running benchmarks, the fans slow down. So it does work; you just have to trust it.

Adding FakeID ID Inject / ATI = true, Sapphire Tri-X AMD R9 290X 8G only working fine on HDMI, but no Audio. If I connect DP port, screen goes Black on same settings.
If I make it Inject / ATI = false ,all port work even DP. But, if I connect secondary display HDMI or DP, both screens go black. Then, need to Restart.
After adding kext Lilu and WhateverGreen, all port work. But, if I connect secondary display, same issue, goes black..:banghead:
How to get work both Primary and Duplicate display?

OS X EL Capitan 10.11.6
ASUS Z97 Pro
Intel core i7-4790 (non K)
16gb 1600 DDR ram
Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 8G
Duel monitor DP+HDMI

Back