Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Hello,

I have a little problem with my new GPU, I have a MSI R9 270X 2GB
It should work out of the box but did not, it boots the Apple logo but when the login screen appears it goes black.

Now I turned of the injectATI and it works, but it shows in the about this Mac like :

"AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 2048 MB"

Am I doing something wrong ? and how can I fix this ?

Thanks,

Robbert

Hello,

I have a little problem with my new GPU, I have a MSI R9 270X 2GB
It should work out of the box but did not, it boots the Apple logo but when the login screen appears it goes black.

Now I turned of the injectATI and it works, but it shows in the about this Mac like :

"AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 2048 MB"

Am I doing something wrong ? and how can I fix this ?

Thanks,

Robbert
R9 270x is the same as Radeon 7870, which is a hd7xxx serie
This is completely fine !
You can also use whatevergreen.kext without injecting ati. You then gain sleep/wake features.

Hey vinste,

Thanks for the quick replay, it there a way to fix this, so I shows up the right name ?
I am still working on this, and with injectATI I got it to work only on one screed (dvi port) not the HDMI port.

I think I changed the FBname and the vendor ID, and did GraphicsEnable=1.

But like I said just one screen worked.

I don't care much about sleep/wake I just turn my machine of when I don't use it :)

Hey vinste,

Thanks for the quick replay, it there a way to fix this, so I shows up the right name ?
I am still working on this, and with injectATI I got it to work only on one screed (dvi port) not the HDMI port.

I think I changed the FBname and the vendor ID, and did GraphicsEnable=1.

But like I said just one screen worked.

I don't care much about sleep/wake I just turn my machine of when I don't use it :)
Whatevergreen will change the name and might improve the ports support.
You need whatevergreen and lilu kexts to be put in Clover/kext/other, and to remove all ati graphics injection and specific configuration

Thanks Vinste, I put the kext in the folder, and I think it works beter.
The login screen appears much faster and smoother, and the card is now showing like:

AMD Radeon R9 370X 2048 MB

which is also fine with me!

RX 550 needs edit to info.plist in Sierra.
High Sierra has native audio for Polaris cards.
Could you explain more? I managed to run RX460 with noob-tutorials. I don't understand what steps should i do :)

Could you explain more? I managed to run RX460 with noob-tutorials. I don't understand what steps should i do :)

The RX 460 has 0x67EF1002 for ID, the RX 550-560 have 0x67FF1002, for the RX 460 the kexts contain the ID so it runs natively, for the RX 560 you need to add the ID to the info.plist of the kext for it to work. It requires a small edit.

Having troubles with dual 470...

Safe mode - both working great

with both cards - black screen
With only 1 card - boot, multi monitor ok

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Having troubles with dual 470...

Safe mode - both working great

with both cards - black screen
With only 1 card - boot, multi monitor ok

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

I have only been able to get dual cards working with Haswell processor. Skylake and newer for some reason do not want to do multi card setup.

Are you using lilu and green kexts?

Back