Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

It should work like that, but I've seen some rare excuses where it didn't. As a first step I'd verify that your system definitely wakes when you uninstall the AMD GPU. If it doesn't, there's something different to investigate.

Yes, the system (Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770K, Clover sysdef MacPro5,1) sleeps and wakes perfectly with just the Intel HD 4000 after the AMD R9 280X is removed from the system.

FWIW I am not injecting anything for the AMD - it works OOB and behaves/benchmarks as expected, aside from the black screen upon sleep/wake. Anything else I should be checking?

hey guys i have a 390x sapphire branded. with el capitan screen goes black after couple of min. with sierra is fine but i need to use igpu as primary. any thoughts about el capitan why my screen goes black :problem:

is there any video card without black screen issue?

Hello Fl0r!an,

I have AMD Card HD 4330 on Dell N 4030, my attachment is file ROM dumped by Clover.

I used profile "Shrike" + Next Verde.next + /ROM/ but I got the problem with the black screen.

Do you have any suggestions for me? Thank you.

Attachments

• config_n4030.plist.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 1002_9552.rom.zip
    43.2 KB · Views: 91
Good afternoon friends, I need your expertise and help.

I have a r9 290 (0x67B11002) card and took several days reading, watching and trying everything there and future.

If I boot the system without quite touching anything, the computer tells me I have a graph of 8MB.

But if I start to play and put everything I've seen..... fake id 0X67B11002, framebuffer, etc, etc, the most I get is that recognizes me that is a R9 290/390, but I still indicating that it has 8 MB RAM and I can not do QE / CI to work.

Someone can give me a help, please?

Lot of thanks in advance

Hello everyone,

I am currently running a 6700k and MSI R9 390 in El Capitan using the guide in this thread.
I should note that using this guide only I was only able to get HDMI port from the graphics card to work at 30 hertz (at 4k), but I am completely fine with this.

There is another small issue I was hoping the members here might be able to help me with:

I am working out of the HDMI port on my card to the 4k monitor, thus the sleep / wake function does not work.
That being said, I was able to get sleep / wake to work using the HDMI port from my motherboard only using the intel 530 graphics in the mobo settings. However, when I did this I wasn't able to run at 4k resolution (only 1080p at 60 hertz worked, I much prefer 4k at 40 hertz). Furthermore, Final Cut Pro X refused to open when I was running out of the motherboard HDMI. Not sure what the issue was here—it kept trying to open and then crashed immediately.

Questions:

1. Does running off the IGFX on the 6700k completely disable / override any AMD graphics card? In other words, can I run only the display through the 6700k, and send the power from the graphics card to program such as FCPX, or will running the display off of the 6700k essentially shut down all graphic card functionality?

2. If it is possible to run the monitor off of the 6700k and send the power from the graphics card to the more intensive tasks, does anyone know what the best settings in the graphics section of clover would be? Inject ATI? Inject Intel?

3. Assuming that two above points are possible, does anyone know why the 4k option didn't show up in the display preferences tab?

Thank you all very much for your time!

Last edited:
So I have a R9 380 so will it work out of the box or no? I assume all is the same with Sierra in terms of compatibility. I really want to build a hackentosh as I prefer OS X over windows. But if I cant get dual display over DVI and my graphics card to work then I may just wait until the 380 is supported properly.

So I have a R9 380 so will it work out of the box or no? I assume all is the same with Sierra in terms of compatibility. I really want to build a hackentosh as I prefer OS X over windows. But if I cant get dual display over DVI and my graphics card to work then I may just wait until the 380 is supported properly.
Did you read Post #1?

Back