Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Do we know of ANY amd cards at all that boot and initialize correctly WITHOUT setting iGpu to primary ?

The ATI 6870 will work without onboard IGPU enabled also the 5450 will.

iMac 17,1 macOS 10.12.1 beta. I also inject my card's ID (6811) through FakeSMC so it survives OS updates. I found doing it this way enables my duel monitors, believe it is using the radeonframebuffer.

iMac 17,1 macOS 10.12.1 beta. I also inject my card's ID (6811) through FakeSMC so it survives OS updates. I found doing it this way enables my duel monitors, believe it is using the radeonframebuffer.

Thanks for the info.

Inject through FakeSMC or through Clover config ?

Do we know of ANY amd cards at all that boot and initialize correctly WITHOUT setting iGpu to primary ?
All cards up to and including GCN 1.0 generation. My R9 280 is still working perfectly fine, only the sleep issue persists. The R7 370 is a re-rebadged HD 7870 / R9 270, so it's not affected by that bug.

GCN 1.1 cards became "ill" with Sierra, previously they were not affected. GCN 1.2 started to act up in El Capitan, Polaris was never "100% OOB" so far.

All cards up to and including GCN 1.0 generation. My R9 280 is still working perfectly fine, only the sleep issue persists. The R7 370 is a re-rebadged HD 7870 / R9 270, so it's not affected by that bug.

GCN 1.1 cards became "ill" with Sierra, previously they were not affected. GCN 1.2 started to act up in El Capitan, Polaris was never "100% OOB" so far.

Good info thanks. I have hardware here for a 15,1 build but want to get working graphics without using the iGPU.

Back