Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

I'm looking at a Club 3D HD7950 for my Mac Pro1,1 already running Yosemite. I'm not too worried about a boot screen and I never sleep my computer (either on or off), so I won't try to flash it just yet. But I do notice it has 2xDVI rather than 1xDVI on the reference model. Should I expect any problems with this card OOB?

Thanks! Rob

I'd look for a different model. XFX cards with that port layout are known to be troublesome (usually KP at boot), so I don't have a good feeling about that Club3D model.

Good news though: HD 7950 cards (as well as HD 7970/R9 280/R9 280X) can easily be flashed for boot screens, and the sleep/wake issue doesn't exist on real Mac Pros either! Just to be sure to use at least OS X 10.8, otherwise you won't have drivers.

I used the Sapphire HD 7950 that looked like the Mac version (port layout and fan shroud). I then had MacVidCards (.com) flash the Sapphire. Works like a Mac. BTW, MacVidCards had to cut a resistor to make the card run at PCI 2.0 speeds for my 2008 Mac Pro (3,1). However, since the Mac Pro 1,1 has PCI 1.0, then, go with a Sapphire HD 7950.

What device ID from which GPU do I inject to get

Radeon r7 250 2 GB gddr3

working?

Hello, I'm searching a short graphics card which is compatible to Mavericks. I've read the R9 270 is a HD7870, then there's also the R7 260X, which needs less power. The graphics power mustn't be too extreme, just better than the Intel HD4000. I'm always comparing to a HD6870 in my bigger systems.

The length can be up to 20 cm, double slot is possible. I already found both cards in this size. If anyone knows a card with just one slot with and acceptable power this would be cool.

Dear Friends.

I need your help.

I just upgraded the graphics card from 280 dual X to 290X. I don't have QE/CI and if I want to enter on the osx I should have to put the flag X.

The Graphics card is Powercolor R9 290X (BIOS 015.039.000.006.003518) Device ID 1002 67B0 - 1002 0B00.

With the flag -x I enter on the system and I can see that the system recogniced the graphics card, but I can't do anything, becasuse It doesn't have QE/CI.

What need to do or what can I do to enable it??

@Fl0r!an, please help me to put ligth on my dark way.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/members/fl0r-an.4042/

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Details.gif
    Details.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
I'd expect the cards to be as good (or bad) supported as their "consumer level" brothers.

Personally I wouldn't get a workstation level GPU for use in OS X, there's litterally no benefit. OS X lacks the highly optimized 3D drivers, which you usually want those cards for.

I'm very glad with your sincerely.

But honestly, I don't think that the solution doesn't be too complicated, the system recognized the card....

Clover said that is an R9 290X, framebuffer Baladi 67B0 1002..., but not graphics acceleration.

If somebody can help me, I will be very grateful...

More late, when I will be at home, I will upload many files about that.

Thank you in advance to all.

Back