Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

The most recent 100% OOB GPUs are Kepler-based Nvidia cards, e.g. GTX 680, 770, 780 (non-Ti).

are you getting black screen with your GTX 780 on Skylake system?

I only get a black screen when using iMac17,1 without AGDPfix. Either iMac17,1 + AGDPfix or iMac14,2 will do the trick.
Is there a workaround yet for the no display on wake for the Radeon cards besides Primary GPU = IGPU?

I found this not sure if it is useful to any AMD users, I have a pascal 1070 so I am out of luck.

How To: RX 480 8gb in a Apple Mac Pro OS X Sierra // Hackintos

I found this not sure if it is useful to any AMD users, I have a pascal 1070 so I am out of luck.

How To: RX 480 8gb in a Apple Mac Pro OS X Sierra // Hackintos
OLD :p Just as curiosity, he's running on a hackintosh or in a real mac? Unlocking the SIP with the "csrutil disable" command on recovery mode is needed on a hackintosh?

I keep reading comments here about the "iGPU trick" with AMD cards and Sierra. FWIW I've got an Asus R9 280X in my Sierra build (Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770K) and have internal HD 4000 enabled in BIOS with iGPU as the primary boot GPU, but I still get a black screen on the monitor plugged into the 280X when the system wakes from sleep. It behaves no differently than if I disable internal Intel graphics in BIOS and just boot with the AMD. Am I missing something here with the "iGPU trick" that apparently solves the problem of AMD cards and Sierra?

Previously there was Verde.kext to prevent the black screen at boot, not sure if it's still working in Sierra though.
I"ve successfully installed 7770 using verde.kext on Sierra. Although i have to boot using the on board graphics , when reaching the login screen i have output from the 7770, with full acceleration.
Thanks again Fl0r!an!

This is the most useful guide must any Hackintosh builder read. I already finished my second Hackintosh with HD 7950 relying on this guide and I'm really happy with the results.
My GTX 980Ti and NVIDIA Web Driver was a headache comparing to a compatible AMD GPU like 7950, thanks Fl0r!an.

Back