Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

I got my Sapphire HD 7950 off ebay for less than $100. Plug and play all the way! One of the best cards for a hack I think.

I got my Sapphire HD 7950 off ebay for less than $100. Plug and play all the way! One of the best cards for a hack I think.

Did you buy used I take it?
Anything to look for/avoid in that respect, especially as they're all getting a bit older nowadays..

My R9 280 is working fine both with Inject / Ati = True & FBName=Hamachi as well as Inject / Ati = False.
Hi Fl0r!an
what about R9 290x in Sierra...can you fix my problem..anybody sucess at here with this Card...

I had a old 5850 in mine and picked up a Saphire R9 280x BNIB for AU$150. Plugged it in and it worked immediately with no changes. Using it for gaming and it's great. I'd highly recommend a 2nd hand 7970 or R9 280x as the best hassle free bang for buck until either the NVidia 10 series or AMD Polaris cards are working OOB.

I had a old 5850 in mine and picked up a Saphire R9 280x BNIB for AU$150. Plugged it in and it worked immediately with no changes. Using it for gaming and it's great. I'd highly recommend a 2nd hand 7970 or R9 280x as the best hassle free bang for buck until either the NVidia 10 series or AMD Polaris cards are working OOB.

You on ElCap? Sierra? Other?

Maybe a dumb question, but how does one use Two 280x's in a Hack for macOS to see it correctly?

Is it actually plug and play if they are x-fire connected?

The idea of a FCPX machine w/ 2 7970's or 280x's in there sounds like an absolute dream!

You shouldn't need to do anything special, just plug them in and boot (no need for Crossfire connection, doesn't work in OS X anyway).

One final question (thank you for taking the time on these by the way)..

Need both 7970's be absolutely identical or could I mix/match 2 different brands? Say an MSI and a Sapphire?

Back