Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

I resolved my issue. I went through following steps:
1) switched from DisplayPort to HDMI cables;
2) turned off IGPU in BIOS, removed -disablegfxfirmware flag form boot section in config.plist, removed IntelGraphicsFixup.kext from /L/E folder. Removed ig-platform-id and IntelGFX values, unchecked Inject Intel in Graphics section in config.plist;
3) Installed original AppleHDA kext to /S/L/E folder. Also removed kexts (from /L/E): that beginning with Fake_PCIID; realtekALC (I know I broke onboard and hdmi sound, but I use external USB soundbar). Updated config.plist - removed AppleHDA kextsToPatch;
4) removed Lilu, Shiki and Whatevergreen from /L/E folder. Also removed boot flags: -rad4200 and shikigva=4;

Now my graphic card works natively (I didn't setup RadeonDeInit)

I resolved my issue. I went through following steps:
1) switched from DisplayPort to HDMI cables;
2) turned off IGPU in BIOS, removed -disablegfxfirmware flag form boot section in config.plist, removed IntelGraphicsFixup.kext from /L/E folder. Removed ig-platform-id and IntelGFX values, unchecked Inject Intel in Graphics section in config.plist;
3) Installed original AppleHDA kext to /S/L/E folder. Also removed kexts (from /L/E): that beginning with Fake_PCIID; realtekALC (I know I broke onboard and hdmi sound, but I use external USB soundbar). Updated config.plist - removed AppleHDA kextsToPatch;
4) removed Lilu, Shiki and Whatevergreen from /L/E folder. Also removed boot flags: -rad4200 and shikigva=4;

Now my graphic card works natively (I didn't setup RadeonDeInit)
can confirm the post above.

Turned off iGPU in BIOS, removed ig-platform-id and Inject Intel from config, removed Shiki and Whatevergreen kexts.

HW acceleration is working like before, multiple displays work now without WG or NVIDIAGraphicsFixup etc.
Native Power management for GPU works too.

Really, less crap you have, the better running system. Now I have everything working like it should but without messy extensions :)

ar_te_m,
You don't need the IntelGraphicsFixup kext. If you use the Clover config.plist parameter RadeonDeInit=Yes, you don't need whatevergreen.kext. Why are using Shiki.kext? If you don't need it, remove it and Luli kext.

To modify your config.plist to add RadeonDeInit=Yes, run the latest MultiBeast for HS and just select the following:
Customize > Graphics Configuration > AMD Graphics Fixup
Build > Install
Reboot.

You don't need the above for 10.13.4+.

@Stork, in post 2294 of this thread you said that you have RadeonDeInit=No and don't need WEG. Here you say it needs to be RadeonDeInit=Yes to not need WEG??

@Stork, in post 2294 of this thread you said that you have RadeonDeInit=No and don't need WEG. Here you say it needs to be RadeonDeInit=Yes to not need WEG??
Oops! You're right. I've corrected that post. Thank you for calling this error to my attention. (Excuse: Need more COFFEE!! before posting.)

Just set up a Hackintosh with a AMD Radeon HD 7990 and the hackintosh defines it with "Unknown 5Mb memory". I only get 1280px wide screen on a displayport or hdmi. Just doesn't have any graphics drivers working. I assume there's still no support for the highest end gpu from the 7000 series (7990)?

Just set up a Hackintosh with a AMD Radeon HD 7990 and the hackintosh defines it with "Unknown 5Mb memory". I only get 1280px wide screen on a displayport or hdmi. Just doesn't have any graphics drivers working. I assume there's still no support for the highest end gpu from the 7000 series (7990)?
There is no support for the 7990 in macOS as Post #1 in this thread indicates.

Thanks - just double checking in case it was lost that it was available support for it in the 231 pages. Looks like I'm going to have to buy a new card. From what I understand, (for the most part besides adding a minor kext here and there), the RX 580 has out of the box support with Hackintosh? (Support meaning I can use two 4k monitors on Displayport and one HDMI monitor for triple monitor and use the full power of the graphics card)

Thanks - just double checking in case it was lost that it was available support for it in the 231 pages. Looks like I'm going to have to buy a new card. From what I understand, (for the most part besides adding a minor kext here and there), the RX 580 has out of the box support with Hackintosh? (Support meaning I can use two 4k monitors on Displayport and one HDMI monitor for triple monitor and use the full power of the graphics card)
I have the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB graphics card, and it works OOB. However, I have only tested it with one 4K monitor (Dell P2715Q) using DP with 10.12.6. Now, with 10.13.4, I can only support multiple monitors with DVI and HDMI. (I don't have access to the 4K monitor. Soon, though.)

Since you lost access to 4k monitor with the rx 580, does the AMD vega 64 fare better or OoB as possible when it comes to multiple monitor support for two 4k monitors in displayport and one hdmi (total of 3 monitors)? If not, then which graphics card older gen allows this without any issues?

Since you lost access to 4k monitor with the rx 580, does the AMD Vega 64 fare better or OoB as possible when it comes to multiple monitor support for two 4k monitors in DisplayPort and one HDMI (total of 3 monitors)? If not, then which graphics card older gen allows this without any issues?
I'll gain access to the 4K monitor at the end of May (long story) and test then. The Vegas won't fair any better, IMO. If it's a macOS problem, I'm confident it will be fixed in 10.13.5.

Back