Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Try getting rid of the AMD9xx kext, also try enabling your onboard GPU and adding IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

Thanks but thats not doing it, I get no output through HDMI either when I get rid of AMD9xxxControllerPatcher, same with IntelGraphicsFixup and the IGPU switched on in the bios.

Hmm that's odd but I've seen some odd things for folks with 580's. I have a 560 and basically with my iGPU turned on, Lilu, whatevergreen and Intelgraphicsfixup, all three of my outputs work for my three monitors. Mind you I think you have five outputs on your card don't you?

Hmm that's odd but I've seen some odd things for folks with 580's. I have a 560 and basically with my iGPU turned on, Lilu, whatevergreen and Intelgraphicsfixup, all three of my outputs work for my three monitors. Mind you I think you have five outputs on your card don't you?

Yep 5 outputs, DVI, 2x HDMI and 2xDisplayPort, have tried in both DisplayPorts.

EDIT: Got it working, using an EFI folder from another site, is it ok to post what I did here?

Last edited:
You shouldn't need WG or Lilu kext, nor any graphics fixing kext for the Nitro+ RX 580 with macOS 10.13.4. All 5 of my outputs work and I've tested running 6 monitors (two connected over DisplayPort MST) and I have no issues to report. I couldn't say whether your SMBIOS is causing this, though I have heard some SMBIOS's will cause you to boot to a black screen.

Unfortunately if I remove whatevergreen and lilu, I can only get one monitor to work, so in order to get all three, I have to use those kexts.

Here's the config.plist and a screenshot kexts, I downloaded the whole kexts folder from another site and the machine is running more smoothly than before, now when it sleeps the fans don't spin up every 30 seconds, and the DisplayPort is working, haven't tried multimonitor yet.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 280
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 10.00.35.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 10.00.35.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 367
Here's the config.plist and a screenshot kexts, I downloaded the whole kexts folder from another site and the machine is running more smoothly than before, now when it sleeps the fans don't spin up every 30 seconds, and the DisplayPort is working, haven't tried multimonitor yet.

I understand that your system is working as desired.

But you kext folder looks messy to me...

You shouldn’t use Intel an Nvidia FixUp, nor USB inject. You have multiple kexts for sound, network...

Well, I would like to keep things organized to have maximum performance. Just saying

I just built my hackintosh with a Gigabyte RX580 Aorus 8GB. It's recognized by High Sierra 10.13.4 natively, but export to H264 in FCPX does not work.

I'm not sure which settings in Multibeast I should use for this setup to work. Any suggestions?
Other system specs are 8700k, Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 and 960evo M2 drive.

You shouldn't need WG or Lilu kext, nor any graphics fixing kext for the Nitro+ RX 580 with macOS 10.13.4. All 5 of my outputs work and I've tested running 6 monitors (two connected over DisplayPort MST) and I have no issues to report. I couldn't say whether your SMBIOS is causing this, though I have heard some SMBIOS's will cause you to boot to a black screen.
which SMBIOS are you running.. my monitors boot to black on 18,3 with this same GPU

Back