Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

That’s good to know. Just to confirm, I have to have my RX 560 attached to GFX0 (in addition to having the X2450 kext in my Clover ‘Other’ folder), right?

Could you please tell me how to do that?

Please find my config.plist attached. I hope I did it correctly.

Yes, place X4250.kext in Clover/kext/Other.

Config.plist should Ok but can not verify GPU is attached to PEGP or GFX0 (depended on custom ssdt), if without custom ssdt, just rename PEGP to GFX0 from Clover Acpi section.

Why CFG,CFG_FB_LIMIT value 0A00, it should be 03 for RX 560, latest WhateverGreen does not need it any more.

Need upload your ioreg file to verify.

Yes, place X4250.kext in Clover/kext/Other.

Config.plist should Ok but can not verify GPU is attached to PEGP or GFX0 (depended on custom ssdt), if without custom ssdt, just rename PEGP to GFX0 from Clover Acpi section.

Why CFG,CFG_FB_LIMIT value 0A00, it should be 03 for RX 560, latest WhateverGreen does not need it any more.

Need upload your ioreg file to verify.

Thanks for verifying that. Here's the guide I followed. This explains why I have 0A00 at CFG,CFG_FB_LIMIT. I don't have a custom ssdt.

Sorry for the stupid question but how to rename PEGP to GFXO in the Clover Acpi section?

I will attach my ioreg file shortly. Hope you could also take a look at that. I appreciate your help!

Here's my ioreg. I hope I copied it OK.

Attachments

• macbookpro2010’s iMac.ioreg
    7.2 MB · Views: 127
Thanks for verifying that. Here's the guide I followed. This explains why I have 0A00 at CFG,CFG_FB_LIMIT. I don't have a custom ssdt.

Sorry for the stupid question but how to rename PEGP to GFXO in the Clover Acpi section?

I will attach my ioreg file shortly. Hope you could also take a look at that. I appreciate your help!

From Clover Acpi DSDT Patches section, add below

Rename PEGP to GFX0

Find

Replace

Latest WhateverGreen no longer need this patch, will auto add correct value for RX 4XX/5XX.

I deleted the patch. I will test sleep/wake and report back ASAP.

I uploaded my ioreg file to my previous post. Do you think it's okay now? Thanks for helping again!

Update: Sleep works perfect without the patch. This is with the latest Whatevergreen & Lilu in Clover/kexts/others. + the edits detailed in previous posts.

Last edited:
I deleted the patch. I will test sleep/wake and report back ASAP.

I uploaded my ioreg file to my previous post. Do you think it's okay now? Thanks for helping again!

Yes, ioreg show X4250.kext inject successfully, GPU is attached to GFX0.

If apps initiate AppleGVA incorrectly, implement VCPHEVC rather than AppleGVAHEVC.

Run below from terminal.

defaults write com.apple.coremedia hardwareVideoDecoder force
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA forceSWDecoder -boolean no
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA forceATI -boolean yes
sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force

Need reboot.

Yes, ioreg show X4250.kext inject successfully, GPU is attached to GFX0.

If apps initiate AppleGVA incorrectly, implement VCPHEVC rather than AppleGVAHEVC.

Run below from terminal.

defaults write com.apple.coremedia hardwareVideoDecoder force
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA forceSWDecoder -boolean no
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA forceATI -boolean yes
sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force

Need reboot.

Million thanks! Another silly question: How do I know if apps initiate AppleGVA incorrectly? I made the terminal changes regardless. :thumbup:

Back