Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Hi, thanks for the tip. I put both into clover/kexts/others and booted with shikigva=1. I still can't get Safari to play 4K. The max is 1440p but the playback is much smoother. There isn't the corrupted video issue anymore.

It's quite surprising that disabling IGPU decoder seems to have worked because I disabled the IGPU in the BIOS.

I have Inject Intel=true and RadeonDeInit=false

Safari can't play 4K, only Chrome and Mozilla can use the VP9 codec.

Use Whatevergreen with Inject Intel = false, RadeonDeInit= false.

Check your activity monitor to see if the encoder is really working, usage needs to be around 5% for 4K.

Check your activity monitor to see if the encoder is really working, usage needs to be around 5% for 4K.
won't RadeonDeInit= TRUE without any kext work either ?

I unchecked Inject Intel. Chrome is +250% CPU usage when playing YT at 4k resolution. I guess this means that it's not working properly.

Chrome is +250% CPU usage when playing YT at 4k resolution.

It is normal while playback 4K VP9 video, VP9 not supported by AppleGVA HW decoding.

This method not suitable for verify DGPU HEVC encoding.

It is normal while playback 4K VP9 video, VP9 not supported by AppleGVA HW decoding.

This method not suitable for verify DGPU HEVC encoding.

Is the DiscreteGPU HEVC working?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 19.01.54.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 19.01.54.png
    518.9 KB · Views: 167
Is the DiscreteGPU HEVC working?

Yes, pure HEVC decoding but not HEVC encoding. H264 to HEVC transcoding should like attached png.

I'm afraid not. This is with YT and VLC playing in the background an .mkv movie.

View attachment 306617

Need VLC 3 and up for HEVC decoding, HW HEVC decoding not implemented, use QuickTime or IINA for HEVC decoding test.

Edit: use Subler.app repack mkv to mp4 or m4v for test, QT not support mkv, IINA may have bug for HEVC mkv video playback.

Attachments

• RX460 HEVC encoding.png
    RX460 HEVC encoding.png
    866.3 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Back