Contribute
Register

Radeon 6470m / 6490m Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is not about the type-model of GPU, but how the two Graphics are muxed.

I've seen a page elsewhere where people with the hp62 haven't been able to access switchable graphics in the bios, apparently hp had set it to descrete amd graphics only and they managed to access it to turn on switchable graphics.
I just wondered maybe if we could do something similar to change it from switchable graphics to amd by default?
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thread ... sound-card

Whoa whoa whoa, wait a minute. So the whole thing about the graphics being muxed in the OS is just the way they implemented the BIOS? Or is this an actual hardware design?

If this BS about the discrete graphics (like how they work on the Dell Vostros) is just because the company is freaking lazy, I'm going to blow a gasket. This is a huge pain in the butt for my users, let alone the general notebook user community.

Seems like Samsung is just taking the cheap and lazy route. That's going to keep them in business for a long time... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: #newpackardbell

almyz125 said:
Can someone post the exact method they used to get Lion to boot on a Samsung Chronos 700, I have a rev. z5ah. I dont know if its different for each hardware revision, but i am having a lot of trouble to get a lion disk to boot.

You'd get better exposure to your issue if you posted in the general notebook area. :thumbup:

I noticed tonight tony posted a topic about some new i5 processors which are apparently slightly faster than the current version and the hd3000 has been removed.
I was wondering... if they make a version compatible without the gpu for laptops would this then force our radeon card to become independent and force it work??

Good thought!

EDIT: If this does work, I might be interesting in buying someones old i5 for cheap if they would sell it.

blueking said:
Good thought!

EDIT: If this does work, I might be interesting in buying someones old i5 for cheap if they would sell it.

Isn't it just... i'd buy a new i5 or i7 processor if it works! a lot of money to dish out if it doesn't though :eek:

Hey everyone,

I'm really interested in getting the Radeon 6490m on my DV7-6135dx working (The HD3000 is glitching and crashing my system) so I'll like to share something interesting I discovered.

While having the gfxCardStatus program running, I plugged in an HDMI cable from my TV to the laptop and something strange happened. After the screen turned blue for a few seconds (longer than usual), gfxCardStatus reported that it had switched to the 6490m! I opened the console and got the following message

-[gfxCardStatusAppDelegate updateMenu] AMD Radeon HD 6490M in use. Bummer! Less battery life for you

Furthermore, the gfxCardStatus icon changed from an "i" to a "d". Unfortunately, I later confirmed that I was still using the HD3000.

I believe that maybe for a split second, the 6490m was somehow activated before returning control to the HD3000. Of course, this could all just be gfxCardStatus acting crazy when connecting to a secondary display.

What do you guys think?

neoxeno45 said:
Hey everyone,

I'm really interested in getting the Radeon 6490m on my DV7-6135dx working (The HD3000 is glitching and crashing my system) so I'll like to share something interesting I discovered.

While having the gfxCardStatus program running, I plugged in an HDMI cable from my TV to the laptop and something strange happened. After the screen turned blue for a few seconds (longer than usual), gfxCardStatus reported that it had switched to the 6490m! I opened the console and got the following message

-[gfxCardStatusAppDelegate updateMenu] AMD Radeon HD 6490M in use. Bummer! Less battery life for you

Furthermore, the gfxCardStatus icon changed from an "i" to a "d". Unfortunately, I later confirmed that I was still using the HD3000.

I believe that maybe for a split second, the 6490m was somehow activated before returning control to the HD3000. Of course, this could all just be gfxCardStatus acting crazy when connecting to a secondary display.

What do you guys think?

When you right click on the gfxcardstatus icon it has some options but also should say hd3000... does it also say radeon 6490m??? cos ours doesn't
In console it says integrated in use unless you use ge=yes and then it doesn't recognise the hd3000 properly and it say nvidia in use bummer!
It doesn't make it work but it makes gfx status think it's changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back