Contribute
Register

Radeon 6470m / 6490m Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys I had a little time to waste today so was trying to look up "6470m working os x" in google, sadly there's only the 1 result which isn't much use so I ended up looking for "dual cards working os x" and it seems that many people have been in the same boat as us seeing their graphics card listed but not able to switch.
There is a method for fixing it HERE but it only works for nvida cards, are any of you capable of reproducing the same outcome for our radeon cards modifying this method??

Hi guys,
I have a Toshiba laptop with a 6450M (the same 6470M family). Unfortunately I can't even enjoy the integrated HD3000 because it's disabled from the factory/bios.
Any chance to see some progress in making this card work?
Thanks.

Has anyone tried updating the fakesmc.kext?
I've just happened to look at the multibeast update thread and a new smc has been added with a amd radeon plugin... worth a try? viewtopic.php?f=259&t=42516
I was thinking maybe just add the smc kext from multibeast with the amd plug in and see if that makes a difference.

I've also found out tonight that there's 2 versions of the switchable graphics for the probooks. The old version was a manually switched version (probably not connected direct to the built in graphics so more likely to work) and the dynamic switching version (ours).

Apparently the drivers for 1 won't work on the other probably because of the dynamic version being a "hybrid switching method" (as hp call it) and this method is probably why we can't get it working on here.
I'm guessing it's connected entirely different to the apple switching method so it's seeming more and more that this project is a no go

FakeSMC itself doesn't seem to have an update. But the plugins do.

I think all they do is like temps and stuff, but I could be wrong.

Dewitts said:
I'm guessing it's connected entirely different to the apple switching method so it's seeming more and more that this project is a no go

Yes, my hope is that Apple also will switch to this "new" muxless design,or Hp will update
bios and we can switch between integrated and discrete graphics in bios as they did for hp dv6 and 7 series .

Attachments

• muxed muxless.png
    muxed muxless.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 2,632
blueking said:
FakeSMC itself doesn't seem to have an update. But the plugins do.

I think all they do is like temps and stuff, but I could be wrong.

That's what I was refering to, perhaps I should have been more clear

eleron said:
Dewitts said:

Yes, my hope is that Apple also will switch to this "new" muxless design,or Hp will update
bios and we can switch between integrated and discrete graphics in bios as they did for hp dv6 and 7 series .

Regarding the muxing, maybe it's worth trying modding the bios for those with HP 4530 in order to unhide the menus which allow swiching between the integrated and ATI graphics. There is a dedicated forum here: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/forums ... uests-Only
Unfortunately my notebook has a Toshiba proprietary BIOS which is still unlockable.

I'd like to know what VBIOS version the HD3000 inside the dv6 (preferably 6101eg since it has the same CPU/HD3000) has got after the BIOS update.

Hello...i have seen something interesting and i wanted to share it with you.

I've seen an Macbook-pro-15" that's running with a HD6490 Card on it.
http://www.cel.ro/laptop-notebook/apple ... hd6490m-l/

So, maybe there's a driver out or something like this.

I know that the card from that Macbook pro has only 256mb vRAM and we (Probook's 4530s users) have 1GB vRAM but i think we can make it work somehow.

What do you think?

chiuaua27 said:
Hello...i have seen something interesting and i wanted to share it with you.

I've seen an Macbook-pro-15" that's running with a HD6490 Card on it.
http://www.cel.ro/laptop-notebook/apple ... hd6490m-l/

So, maybe there's a driver out or something like this.

I know that the card from that Macbook pro has only 256mb vRAM and we (Probook's 4530s users) have 1GB vRAM but i think we can make it work somehow.

What do you think?

They've been making them with the radeon card for quite a while now.
Not all of us have 1gb ram in the card mine is 512mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back