i7 8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070 G-Sync Panel
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I need some help. I have a sapphire fury x and I am running mac sierra 10.12.3. I havent changed any kext or anything yet. Mac says AMD R9 xxx 4069 MB. I have okay 2d graphic support around the UI but no OpenGL support. Lux Mark x3.1 says "No OpenGL device selected or available" and the gpu tab shows nothing. If I start heaven bench its an instant error; doesnt even start. I tried hex editing the AMDRadeonx4100 kext but NONE of the three values some guides are saying to replace are even showing up??? I am using clover efi and I am not injecting any ATI or anything. System report shows the gpu as device ID: 0x7300. Can anyone help me??

Its basically a fresh install of Mac and everything is working but OpenGl support. I am just really confused because I have seen people be able to bench mark the Fury X in 10.12.3 without any hex modifications on the 9000 controller. It just seems to work out of box for them, then they edit the .kext to enable more cores. My Fury X is kinda out of the box but no 3d support?

Thanks in advance!

The Fury X never had OOB support. You can enable it by using the "Polaris 11" driver though, just like other AMD cards (e.g. RX 480).

This can be done either by spoofing your device ID to make the system think you're using a RX 460, or by adding your device ID to X4100.kext. In the latter case be sure to fix the file permissions after performing the modification, otherwise the driver will remain unloadable.

The Fury X never had OOB support. You can enable it by using the "Polaris 11" driver though, just like other AMD cards (e.g. RX 480).

This can be done either by spoofing your device ID to make the system think you're using a RX 460, or by adding your device ID to X4100.kext. In the latter case be sure to fix the file permissions after performing the modification, otherwise the driver will remain unloadable.
Oh okay thanks! I literally just got what "OOB" means haha. So if I spoof my device ID to be a RX 460 it will still have the performance of the fury x though right?

I am having the same issue as the OP.

I made a copy of X4100.kext and added my device (0x73001002) to info.plist, then deleted the original kext and replaced with the copy. I received a message stating the file was installed improperly and cannot be used.

I restored the permissions to "read only" to no avail. How do I repair the kext permissions so that it can be used?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back