Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey All,

Invested with a partner about 5 months ago in an excessive amount of gear. It's now collecting dust and my company just invested in a RED Epic X and I need a beast computer to handle the raw footage workflow.

My main inquiry: I would like to see if I can use 2 of the 8 Gigabyte R9 290's I have to build a solid, trustworthy Hackintosh on 10.8, 10.9 or 10.10 (whichever would be the most reliable). Other than editing video in After Effects and Premier, I will be rendering content in C4D (CPU intensive) which is why I am prepared to purchase a new core-abundant CPU as well as a new board that will accept it. (I currently have a bunch of the Asus M5 A97 2.0's because they were cheap and worked for mining - but would love to upgrade to something with thunderbolt / wifi built in capabilities / etc.)

With my two companies, data failures and lock ups aren't "OK." One might ask why I don't up and buy a Mac Pro - the answer: I have - two of 'em for my employees - but I want to repurpose this gear.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Ben

Last edited:
As I mentioned above, I have 8 of those cards. If someone experienced is willing to metaphorically take my hand, I would be more than happy to send you a card if you pay for shipping. It's frankly not worth my time to try and sell them. I have two that have never been used - still in their plastic sleeve.

No member can ask, accept, offer or provide any form of compensation to any other member for any form of assistance

http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back