Contribute
Register

R7 250 No metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, good to know!

I just checked my Device Manager and found that at that moment to my GTX 1050 ti, here follows why:
I bought the R7 250 second handed, very cheap. When I installed it into my PC I found out that the HDMI port doesn't work, which leaves me with the VGA and DVI-D output. As macOS doesn't support analog output, I can only use the DVI-D output. At that moment in time, I didn't have the right cable nor the right converter, as my display only has VGA and HDMI inputs.
Is it possible to attach your original DSTS.aml?
Please refer to "here" for the acquisition method.

Online I found that the R7 250 should have Metal support. After install monterey and patching the card, I still have no Metal support. My screen is tearing as I drag windows around, and the launchpad is very slow. I do have QE, but no CI. Any help?

Hi there.

If I remember correctly the R7 250 was not native OOB, but the R7 250X was.

Also I'm pretty sure Monterey needs Metal2 capability, not just Metal.

There was a crazy hack back in 2019 that got Metal support, but how it was done is very odd ...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rd-no-signal-and-restarts.288159/post-2042704

:)

Is it possible to attach your original DSTS.aml?
Please refer to "here" for the acquisition method.
My DSDT.aml is attached to this message.

Hi there.

If I remember correctly the R7 250 was not native OOB, but the R7 250X was.

Also I'm pretty sure Monterey needs Metal2 capability, not just Metal.

There was a crazy hack back in 2019 that got Metal support, but how it was done is very odd ...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rd-no-signal-and-restarts.288159/post-2042704

:)
I tried this, but no luck...

Attachments

• SSDT-GPU-SPOOF-R7250-2.aml
    254 bytes · Views: 57
Post a copy of the Hackintool > PCIe tab's - pcidevices.txt document generated when using the 'EXPORT' option.

See screenshots below:

Screenshot 2022-01-15 at 19.29.07.png Export option highlighted.

The export option will generate 4 x files, as shown below.

Screenshot 2022-01-15 at 19.32.35.png Files generated by Export option on PCI tab in Hackintool.

This will show us your device paths and names, which we can use to see if they match with the paths and names used in the SSDT you attached above.

The description of "GPU-Buyers-Guide" is old information, and now "Fake ID" is only for Metal2 compatible GPU.
Please refer to here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back