Contribute
Register

Quicklook Doesn't Preview jpgs, mp3 nor mp4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past I've had problems when changing my SMBIOS from 18,3. I tried this. So far JPGs work, preview, directvnow (even after sleep).

I did open Desktop and Screen Saver and clicked on a few desktops - this still locks up my screen, but overall much better.

Can anyone explain what I might loose with the "wrong" SMBIOS?
in your case hardware encoding on your rx580. only works with mac pro 2013 smbios or imac pro smbios. (with no additional kexts installed).

Hello,

I fixed this issue by changing the smbios. I used iMac15,1 previously. I switched from iMac15,1 to iMacPro1,1 and iMac18,1 iMac18,2 iMac18,3 and MacPro6,1.

iMacPro1,1 and MacPro6,1 fixed this issue (preview to open jpgs).

iMac18,1 iMac18,2 iMac18,3 did not fix this issue.

iMacPro1,1 and MacPro6,1 fixed this issue (preview to open jpgs).

IMacPro 1,1 will not give you all the ports on your card without extra Kexts like "Whatevergreen" at least it did not for me.

MacPro 6,1 provided me with all 3 display ports and 1 HDMI port without the need for any extra Kexts. I found that 6,1 allowed me to run a vanilla build if needed though I prefer the wired ethernet over the wifi so I have IntelMausiEthernet to enable the onboard card. IntelMausiEthernet and FakeSMC are the only Kexts in my EFI/CLover/Kexts/Other.

IMacPro 1,1 will not give you all the ports on your card without extra Kexts like "Whatevergreen" at least it did not for me.

MacPro 6,1 provided me with all 3 display ports and 1 HDMI port without the need for any extra Kexts. I found that 6,1 allowed me to run a vanilla build if needed though I prefer the wired ethernet over the wifi so I have IntelMausiEthernet to enable the onboard card. IntelMausiEthernet and FakeSMC are the only Kexts in my EFI/CLover/Kexts/Other.
it will do on the rx580

Yes, this SMBIOS settings iMac 13, 1 allow me to preview jpg on GA-B85-HD3 + Xeon E3 1230v3 + RX560. I've tried changing them to Mac Pro 6, 1 and iMac Pro 1, 1. that can also preview jpg, but some other problems with Autodesk Flame 2019 that can't use. Finally, iMac 13,1 made this problem perfectly solved. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
it will do on the rx580

So I figured that since I was able to get all my monitors working with using MacPo 6,1 that I would try the SSDT files @Pavo made for me a while back. Now I have HEVC hardware encoding/decoding without the need to use the intel.

Yes, this SMBIOS settings iMac 13, 1 allow me to preview jpg on GA-B85-HD3 + Xeon E3 1230v3 + RX560. I've tried changing them to Mac Pro 6, 1 and iMac Pro 1, 1. that can also preview jpg, but some other problems with Autodesk Flame 2019 that can't use. Finally, iMac 13,1 made this problem perfectly solved. Thank you very much.

Since I am an educator I download Flame and installed it, I wish I really knew how to use it so I can tell you that it really works, but it does at least load to some kind of creation window.

Since I am an educator I download Flame and installed it, I wish I really knew how to use it so I can tell you that it really works, but it does at least load to some kind of creation window.
I downloaded Autodesk Flame 2019 trial version and I am learning how to use it. When the SMBIOS set to Mac Pro 6, 1 or iMac Pro 1, 1, some nodes such as Action could not work and the software are frozen. I don't know what contact between them caused the problem. But changed SMBIOS to IMAC 13, 1, they works correct.

Last edited:
Quicklook working fine on my Z370 build on latest Mojave public beta. Tested with png, jpg, mp3 and mp4 files.

• iMac18,3 system definition in use.
  • MSI RX Vega 56 primary GPU.
  • IGPU enabled.
  • Using ig-platform-id=3E9B0007
  • Whatevergreen 1.2.1 and Lilu 1.2.6 installed.

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 8.14.46 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 8.44.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 8.45.10 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 8.45.25 PM.png

Last edited:
Quicklook working fine on my Z370 build on latest Mojave public beta. Tested with png, jpg, mp3 and mp4 files.

• iMac18,3 system definition in use.
  • MSI RX Vega 56 primary GPU.
  • IGPU enabled.
  • Using ig-platform-id=3E9B0007
  • Whatevergreen 1.2.1 and Lilu 1.2.6 installed.

With Mac Pro 6,1 though I get all my Displayports, and HDMI without Whatevergreen. With some SSDT stuff @Pavo made for me a while back I get hardware encoding/decoding on HVEC without IGPU So still no need for Whatevergreen.

I use USB External Sound. Might be more of a big deal if you have more than 3 USB devices needing to be plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back