Contribute
Register

Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

I have the GA Z77 DS3H Motherboard. For audio it has Realtec ALC887 codec, high definition audio, and support for S/PDIF Out.

My Dell U2711 monitor has a Dell sound bar attached. Used MultiBeast to install the kext for ALC887. Then in the System Preferences Control Panel for sound, selected internal source for the speakers; works fine.

I now building such machine with: GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i7 3770 no k, Corsair Memory 16GB, OZC SSD 120GB,
but after several times installation mac os not work :(
Boot i can only in -x mode!

Article: Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

I now building such machine with: GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i7 3770 no k, Corsair Memory 16GB, OZC SSD 120GB,
but after several times installation mac os not work :(
Boot i can only in -x mode!

and one more !

before MultiBeast it start only -x mode

after at all no :(

Thanks for this guide !

I'm using the gigabyte z77 ds3h with ivy bridge cpu, and i managed to boot on lion installer using unibeast + bridge helper, but there's an issue during mac os installation : No disk a reconized in the disk utility. I followed your bios settings, and carefully check that the AHCI mode was activated for SATA controller.
I have 1 SSD, and 2 hard disk drive, connected in SATA to the mother board, and there are well seen in the bios, or in windows, but no way to get them in the disk utility.

Is this a known issue ? Or something you could easily solve ?

Thanks ;)

I had difficulty after installing OS 10.8.2; fixed the problem -- disabled vt-d option from BIOS. Check all of your BIOS settings. I upgraded to F9 on my BIOS.

Z77 DS3H 1155 Motherboard
i7 3770K 3.5 GHz Intel Core
8 GB RAM
GTX 550 Ti graphics card

I'm hung up on the gray apple screen when I boot. BIOS is updated to F11. Followed the tutorial here and Stork's golden build on tonymac. Troubleshooting for this on tonymac suggests I disable VD-T in the BIOS, but I can't find it. Anyone know where it is or what else I can try to boot properly?

I had difficulty after installing OS 10.8.2; fixed the problem -- disabled vt-d option from BIOS. Check all of your BIOS settings. I upgraded to F9 on my BIOS.

Z77 DS3H 1155 Motherboard
i7 3770K 3.5 GHz Intel Core
8 GB RAM
GTX 550 Ti graphics card

Where is the vt-d option? I can't find it...

The attached shows the UEFI configuration for my Hackintosh before the vt-d was Disabled.

Attachments

• 100_0705.jpg
    100_0705.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,351
"... Note that all of Gigabyte’s 7-series LGA-1155 boards have AHCI enabled by default ..."

NO, with the GA-H77-DS3H (rev 1.1, the one sold now)

AHCI is not enabled by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back