Contribute
Register

Quick Fix: Z370/200/X299/ Series Kaby Lake Audio, Onboard and/or HD 6x0 HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID - No issues expected with native 200 Series Audio supported/AppleHDA.kext
    • Download: OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID / Downloads
      • Install (use kext installer)
        • FakePCIID.kext (if not installed previously)
        • FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
Sorry, but, USE KEXT INSTALLER? do you mean kextbeast for example?
where should I put the kexts?
/Library/Extensions
or
/System/Library/Extensions
or both?
thanks!

I was thinking about that too ... Does it hurt to install kext in both LE and SLE ?

I was thinking about that too ... Does it hurt to install kext in both LE and SLE ?
yes, you only install kexts to /L/E on Sierra, High Sierra etc

don't have them in both places

Toleda... i have a quick question. I install high sierra 10.13.3 on asus prime z270-a a few months ago and I got the audio to work ... no problem (green port). Now I want to install the 10.13.5 clean install but I can't get the audio to work anymore. I know I should write down what I did to fix it. I am trying with the latest multibeast 10.3.0 I select alc1220 reboot nothing. then select alc1020A still nothing. I think I am very close to get it to work but I don't know what else to try. I just seen the option 100.200.300 series audio support and 200/z370 series /x299 audio device id patch with the note "must be installed before any codec installation."

Toleda . I got the audio to work after clean install I just select
  • √ 200 / 300 Series /X299 Audio Device ID Patch
Thank you :)

Toleda another question. after I setup everything with multibeast the first boot screen clover i have 3 option

1 boot filevault prebooter from preboot
2 boot macos install prebooter from preboot
3 boot from OS HD ( the main hard drive where I install high sierra)

I should always chose the main hard drive ?

Will this work on 10.13.5 ? My Z370P D3 audio is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back