Contribute
Register

Quick Fix: Z370/200/X299/ Series Kaby Lake Audio, Onboard and/or HD 6x0 HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
trying to get HDMI/DP audio on my Z370 Gigabyte Gaming 5 system running 10.13.6 with an nVidia MSI GTX 1080 TI.
Discrete graphics HDMI audio does not use the Intel chip set audio controller. Off topic.
See AppleHDA HDMI Audio/Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting. Post to thread linked with requested files attached.
I have analog audio via AppleALC
I have tried Method 1 and Method 2, and they did not work
Method 1 and/or Method 2 are/is working since onboard audio is working.

Last edited:
1. You need to use latest version of Lilu, Whatevergreen and AppleALC kexts. Place them in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder.
2. Try using a different Display Port. For me, it does not enable HDMI Audio on extreme right Display Port. Switching to extreme left one solved the issue.
Thanks for trying to help. I did try different ports (all four of them, 2 DP and 2 HDMI), and zippo. I am working on my Z370 Gigabyte MB, and I'm not feeling this motherboard is all that well designed. fyi, I am using the latest versions of Lilu, Whatevergreen and AppleALC.

Thanks anyway.

1. You need to use latest version of Lilu, Whatevergreen and AppleALC kexts. Place them in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder.
2. Try using a different Display Port. For me, it does not enable HDMI Audio on extreme right Display Port. Switching to extreme left one solved the issue.

I solved it....thanks!

Hi, I got an issue I try to install and multibeast says the installation failed?

Hello

May you help me with my configuration of audio it doesn't working? I am new but solved almost every problem except audio I am helpless now. Tried almost everything. I managed audio working few times but it was cracky and noisy an just one port was working. Then suddenly it stoped working at all without any changes from my side.

I ll be very grateful for help.

Attached config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 263
After a long while, I'm mostly up and running. Downloading Logic now.
I'm a musician and use external audio interface, but neither the interface or the onboard sound card show up as available audio drivers, even though I installed drivers for onboard card via Solution #1 in post #1 and my iD14 via audient.com.
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Any help out there?
High Sierra 10.13.6
ASUS STRIX Z270G
i7 7700K

Wrong thread.
See Post #1/Not working
Yep, I saw that post - and the referred thread is marked 'depricated' and the further referred thread does not include Z270G in list over covered motherboards, so I thought this thread was the closest one. But if you want me to post this question over there instead then that's what I'll do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back