Contribute
Register

Quick Fix: Z370/200/X299/ Series Kaby Lake Audio, Onboard and/or HD 6x0 HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fix did not work, likely, installed incorrectly; remove.
Try another method or see Post #1, Not working ...

In regards to my issue of freezing playback. I found that removing fakepciid and fake_intel_hdmi_audio fixed the issues! Something that I randomly tried after skimming through and removing every little thing not needed for my build on MacOS 10.13.1. I originally had it there because of following a guide for my broadcom m.2 wifi. :rolleyes: cheers

1. 2RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID - No issues expected with native 200 Series Audio supported/AppleHDA.kext
    • Download: OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID / Downloads
      • Install (use kext installer)
        • FakePCIID.kext (if not installed previously)
        • FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
Sorry, but, USE KEXT INSTALLER? do you mean kextbeast for example?
where should I put the kexts?
/Library/Extensions
or
/System/Library/Extensions
or both?
thanks!

1. 2RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID - No issues expected with native 200 Series Audio supported/AppleHDA.kext
    • Download: OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID / Downloads
      • Install (use kext installer)
        • FakePCIID.kext (if not installed previously)
        • FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
Sorry, but, USE KEXT INSTALLER? do you mean kextbeast for example?
where should I put the kexts?
/Library/Extensions
or
/System/Library/Extensions
or both?
thanks!
dam it, I love you

Here is my Specs
59e999bb35a98_StorumTrooper2017.jpg.e269e246bc0ec80047abd6de70a218c6.jpg

I ve attach my EFI Folder and unsure what I m doing wrong?

thanks

Attachments

• Personal EFI.zip
    34.6 MB · Views: 285
Whilst away on holiday I've had a friend use my Hackintosh and they thought they were doing me a favour by doing a software update, since which ive lost all audio. Ive attempted to run through the instructional and to the best of my knowledge not double installed methods. But I'm not very knowledgeable about where to look for where ive gone wrong, or now where to start to fix my problem.
Like I said, I had perfectly working audio through my monitor up until the software update.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• untitled folder.zip
    674 KB · Views: 207
Thanks for your contribution.
I used lilu+applealc, and it worked on 10.12
After updating to 10.13, my audio device is missing and I tried to reinstall audio.
I checked "Before You Install Audio" and I found that there is no CodecDevice under HDEF (HDAS to HDEF is successful).
So I tried to solve it by following "Quick Fix".
However, All 3 solutions are not worked and I could not find the CodecDevice under HDEF.
It seems that 10.13 could not detect Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec.
Is there any idea to solve the problem?
Again, thank you for your attention and help.

Solved with double check:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-audio-devices-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143752/#post886726

Last edited:
In regards to my issue of freezing playback. I found that removing fakepciid and fake_intel_hdmi_audio fixed the issues! Something that I randomly tried after skimming through and removing every little thing not needed for my build on MacOS 10.13.1. I originally had it there because of following a guide for my broadcom m.2 wifi. :rolleyes: cheers

Thank you so much, this solved the 'no sound' issue for me after trying so many things... finally sound. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back