Contribute
Register

Quick Fix for Onboard Audio on 9 Series Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toleda, thanks for this - this version enabled sound on my UD3H board, which had no sound before (despite fresh installation with new Multibeast including drivers etc.).

Green line out and front line out work, IOJones see below!
View attachment 100883

You can check whether sleep and wake disable the sound.

I did loose sound today until a reboot, but I haven't been able to reproduce it, it worked fine after a sleep/wake I did just now...

So what actually changed with this new 9series 1150 fix?
Im asking cause i wanna do it with clover not with a patched kext.

Testers needed:
10.9.4/1150/9 Series only/AppleHDA.kext
Install with KextBeast or Kext Utility

Reply with sound results and IOJones.

If no audio, see Post #1 of the linked thread

Credit: kidalive #703, Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide] - Page 71

Thank you toledo, this appears to have made my sound work (10.9.4 / 1150 / Z97x-UD5H / i7 4770K) - this is my first "real" experience with a hack / OSX in general.. I've read a lot but this is my first post (aka n00b status.. apologizes for any improper protocol / syntax / format). Previously used MultiBeast 5.4.1 and installed the 9 series required as well as the 1150 support but did not have audio; after using the test kext you provided, audio is functional by way of using the "green" port for output. No further testing has been done.. this is my output from IOJones (Installed this 5 minutes ago; so I loaded it up and hit "save as".. attached is the file. hopefully that is "proper") View attachment 9series-test-1150-kext.iojones

Hi guys,

I'm working on a rig for a friend and I was really struggling on getting audio on his Gigabyte Gaming 3 board. I was about to try on of the manual kext installs, but when I came back to the thread they were goon… I dont suppose anybody has the 1150 kext still because you would REALLY be helping me out!

Cheers, Jake

Testers needed:
10.9.4/1150/9 Series only/AppleHDA.kext
Install with KextBeast or Kext Utility

Reply with sound results and IOJones.

If no audio, see Post #1 of the linked thread

Credit: kidalive #703, Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide] - Page 71
I have z97x-UD3H (ALC1150) and 10.9.4 on Clover 2795. I installed yours AppleHDA and in clovers config make audio injection = 1. Sound appears but it have a noise when audio in active, if all sounds is ended after 20-30 sec. this noise disappearing with a little click (i think its audio card goes to save/sleep mode). This noise changing when moving mouse over links or menu in this case, the sound is similar to the one that was at the lightsaber from "Star Wars" and it irritates

Attachments

• 9seriesKextTest - iMac - HEAD.iojones.zip
    288.9 KB · Views: 104
After installing multi beast + 9 series patch I get sound from the black and orange outputs and just like a clicky noise on from the green whenever audio plays. After installing the kext in this thread green audio works until the computer sleeps properly - all the fans turn off. The inputs both work well... using logic for the first time and the inputs are really good with no noise.

Interestingly after a sleep I only loose audio from the green output, when I move the headphone cable into the orange or black connector the audio works after changing the output in system preferences. After a sleep I just get the clicky noise and the curio configuration is as if I haven't installed your kext.

Motherboard - gigabyte gaming 3 1150 and the kext is earlier in the thread.

Attachments

• Gigabyte Gaming 3.iojones
    809.6 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back