Contribute
Register

Quick Fix for Onboard Audio on 9 Series Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was using VoodooHDA (which was working fine) until it randomly broke for the rear audio port (no idea what happened... installed VMware fusion which seems unlikely to break it).

Uninstalled VoodooHDA and ran multibeast with new fix, rear audio now works, but I can no longer output HDMI Audio on my Asus Nvidia GTX770 (doesn't appear as an output) and audio breaks after waking from sleep (as others have said).

I can cope with breaking after sleep since I never sleep my computer, but Nvidia card audio should be native on OS X... not sure if this fix has perhaps broken that?

If im correct VoodooHDA doesnt need any sound injection but using AppleHDA does.
So you need to inject your GTX770 HDMI somehow.I use toleda's ssdt method for 9 series.
https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_9series
The wake up after sleep issue is an Apple thing not a hackintosh one

For now, install the attached AppleHDA.kext with KextBeast or the like for full support. Please note that Green rear port output DOES NOT work. Headphone front case works as main output. (fixed version in MultiBeast 6.4.1)

Sorry for asking I'm new to these stuff
where can i find the "attached AppleHDA.kext" or is it already done by MultiBeast 6.4.2 ?
kind regards and thanks for work
Fred

This fix worked fine for my mobo except for the fact that on random (not just on sleep) my audio just breaks. It's happens no matter what program I am in. Any light on this? I may just have to buy one of those cheap usb audio dongles to solve the problem

In summary, none of the experimental AppleHDA.kexts and neither of the posted solutions enable green port audio on your motherboard. Regarding your system, no known solution and no new ideas.

Just did a fresh clover installation with all the necessary patches from your repo and i got working audio from rear green port...So i guess i was wrong the first time audio works perfect.

Hello everybody,
Hello kounelos,

I did the same (clover + AppleHDA + fix for 9 series) and everything works except after sleep...
I have no sound anymore when my system wakes up.

I have got the same mobo and CPU as you kounelos.
Do you have this problem too?

I have been searching the forums but couldn't find any viable solution yet... :cry:

Hello everybody,
Hello kounelos,

I did the same (clover + AppleHDA + fix for 9 series) and everything works except after sleep...
I have no sound anymore when my system wakes up.

I have got the same mobo and CPU as you kounelos.
Do you have this problem too?

I have been searching the forums but couldn't find any viable solution yet... :cry:

Not a hackintosh issue...Happens in real macs too
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5541299?tstart=0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back