Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte h370
CPU
intel i5-8400
Graphics
Intel HUD 630
I built a working Catalina system. The basic system is Aorus H370, i5-8400, with an Nvidia Geforce 1050TI.
The system works great and is very stable. The only problem is graphics acceleration concerning the graphics card.
As the motherboard has Intel UHD 630 Integrated Graphics, I would like to use this instead of the Nvidia card.
My question is: Where in the config.plist file do I insert the following text?
Code:
 <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                BwCbPg==
                </data>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal</string>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                kj4AAA==
                </data>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>VGA compatible controller</string>
                <key>enable-hdmi20</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con0-busid</key>
                <data>
                BQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con0-flags</key>
                <data>
                xwMAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con0-index</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con0-pipe</key>
                <data>
                EgAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con0-type</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-busid</key>
                <data>
                AgAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-flags</key>
                <data>
                xwMAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-index</key>
                <data>
                AgAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-pipe</key>
                <data>
                EgAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>
                <data>
                AAgAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con2-busid</key>
                <data>
                BAAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con2-flags</key>
                <data>
                xwMAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con2-index</key>
                <data>
                AwAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con2-pipe</key>
                <data>
                EgAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>
                <data>
                AAgAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con3-busid</key>
                <data>
                AAAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con3-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con3-flags</key>
                <data>
                IAAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con3-index</key>
                <data>
                /////w==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con3-pipe</key>
                <data>
                AAAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-con3-type</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller</string>
            </dict>
        </dict>
This is my first build, I never did this before, and I did not use Clover to put it together. I am however quite proficient using VI.

Any help concerning this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
PS If this question belongs in another thread, let me know which one, and I will post it there.

So you are using OpenCore, if you are not using Clover. Is that correct?

Did you just lift these properties from another post? Do you know what they do and if they are needed?

What makes you think you need to add all these Device Properties for the UHD 630 IGPU to work? I would have thought using the basics along with WhateverGreen.kext would be sufficient:
  • AAPL,ig-platform-id > Data> 07009B3E
  • framebuffer-patch-enable > Data > 01000000
  • framebuffer-stolenmem > Data > 00003001
This would look like the following screenshot in ProperTree (Plist editor)

Screenshot 2021-06-24 at 21.32.06.png

Does your motherboard have four display output connections, are you sure you have set them correctly?

Are you aware that the Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti is not supported in macOS, not since High Sierra and then it required the Nvidia Web Drivers to work. So if you plan to continue to use the Nvidia card in Windows, you need to disable it when running any version of macOS newer than Mojave.

Hi there. I have a Z490 Aorus Xtreme with a i5-10500 upgraded to a i9-11900K. The i5 uses the UHD 630 device property values found below, and will work fine with High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur etc.

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 6.13.49 AM.png
The most important settings I found are the framebuffer mem values. Without them the VRAM is incomplete and will only report partial memory allocation, not the full.

In case you're wondering, the setup also works fine with a GTX 1050TI attached in High Sierra and beyond as booter, you just have to use the 03 connector (as headless) instead to the AAPL,ig-platform-id. Otherwise 00009B3E is fine for normal settings. I'd suggest to change the GTX 1050TI to an AMD if you want better acceleration, because although it will show up in VESA mode up even with Big Sur (with the UHD 630 running fine as headless), you will encounter issues.

So you are using OpenCore, if you are not using Clover. Is that correct?

Did you just lift these properties from another post? Do you know what they do and if they are needed?

What makes you think you need to add all these Device Properties for the UHD 630 IGPU to work? I would have thought using the basics along with WhateverGreen.kext would be sufficient:
  • AAPL,ig-platform-id > Data> 07009B3E
  • framebuffer-patch-enable > Data > 01000000
  • framebuffer-stolenmem > Data > 00003001
This would look like the following screenshot in ProperTree (Plist editor)

View attachment 522722

Does your motherboard have four display output connections, are you sure you have set them correctly?

Are you aware that the Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti is not supported in macOS, not since High Sierra and then it required the Nvidia Web Drivers to work. So if you plan to continue to use the Nvidia card in Windows, you need to disable it when running any version of macOS newer than Mojave.
Thanks for replying to my post. You are correct, I am used OpenCore. I am aware that my Nvidia card is not supported, but I did manage to get it working to the degree that the resolution is nice, it simply lacks the 3D acceleration. It is not necessarily a deal breaker, but would be nice.

The issue that I am having with the internal graphics is that after I boot into the BIOS settings and make the appropriate changes, save and exit, I get a black screen, and that is all I get.
I found the code that I had posted on this site, specific to the H370 board I am using, and thought that it may address problems that people were having with their Intel UHD 630 graphics. It occurred to me that perhaps this would address the issues. But then again, it may not.
I am going to check through my config file to make sure that the information you posted exists.
Thank you very much for your time and help.

Hi there. I have a Z490 Aorus Xtreme with a i5-10500 upgraded to a i9-11900K. The i5 uses the UHD 630 device property values found below, and will work fine with High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur etc.

View attachment 522727The most important settings I found are the framebuffer mem values. Without them the VRAM is incomplete and will only report partial memory allocation, not the full.

In case you're wondering, the setup also works fine with a GTX 1050TI attached in High Sierra and beyond as booter, you just have to use the 03 connector (as headless) instead to the AAPL,ig-platform-id. Otherwise 00009B3E is fine for normal settings. I'd suggest to change the GTX 1050TI to an AMD if you want better acceleration, because although it will show up in VESA mode up even with Big Sur (with the UHD 630 running fine as headless), you will encounter issues.
Thanks for taking the time to help me out. It would be easier just to swap out the Nvidia for an AMD, but given the price of graphics cards these days, I could just buy a Mac. Thanks for posting those settings, I will make the appropriate changes that are needed.
Thanks again for taking the time.

The reason you get a blank screen after changing the bios settings is because you still have the display connected to the Nvidia card, it needs to be connected to one of the IGPU display connectors on the rear I/O plate not the graphics card.

The reason you get a blank screen after changing the bios settings is because you still have the display connected to the Nvidia card, it needs to be connected to one of the IGPU display connectors on the rear I/O plate not the graphics card.
Sorry. I should have been clearer in my response.
I move the HDMI cable from the Nvidia card to the internal graphics slot on the motherboard. Then I start the computer, jump into the BIOS, make the changes, save and exit. The Aorus screen comes up again, and then there is nothing but darkness.
Maybe I need to remove the Nvidia card from the computer altogether?
Or perhaps, I should just delete anything related to Nvidia from the system.
Then again, as it is my first build, It is highly likely that I missed installing something.
Thanks again! I really appreciate your time.

Do you have a DVI connector on your Display, as that might natively work better than the HDMI connector.

Apple never used HDMI on any of their systems so they can be a bit hit and miss, especially if the CLOVER folder and config settings are not at there best.

Do you have a DVI connector on your Display, as that might natively work better than the HDMI connector.

Apple never used HDMI on any of their systems so they can be a bit hit and miss, especially if the CLOVER folder and config settings are not at there best.
That is something that I didn't know. Yes, there is a DVI connector. I will have to try that out. I'll have to dig through a few boxes to find the cable, or order another one, but that is worth investigating.
Thanks for the tip.

DisplayPort would be better again, if that were available. But i don't think your motherboard has a DP connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back