Contribute
Register

Quadro card with Ryzentosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Small update if anybody cares - I plugged my famous K4200 into this new fresh installation, and it works (with my original EFI, no tricks for Quadro) ! Metal is working and even 100Hz monitor freq.

Either my old installation was borked already before I started messing with Quadro card OR I blame my monitor ! You know, today's monitors are smart, they boot, not just power on. When I was swapping GPU's today, it switched back to my laptop input and went crazy then (switching to random reso and refused to back to my default/preferred one). Cold power off from wall helped. This has happened once before I remembered suddenly.

So, most likely the black screen with cursor with K4200 (see original post) was caused by monitor bad resolution negotation. So instead of doing one cold-boot cycle for monitor, I went to 2 weeks/10-page internet thread, pissed of people, pissed off myself, botched my fully configured installation, bought new GPU and motherboard (arrives today, so I can test the original installation once again)...

Hobby ! Yugo !

The joys of Hackintoshing. :thumbup:

Anyone who says it's easy needs to see a head-doctor!

And last - no change even with new motherboard. It boots fine to Recovery and to Installer, but not main system. Stops around same spot. Conclusion - installation is corrupted somehow. Partitions are visible/mountable/readable, even programs start from Data, but not enough to boot.

I installed now the previous non-working installation over - it boots and all my settings seems intact !

Only complaint, some icons are corrupted - folder icons are covered by one certain application icon. Removing that app does not help. Also tricks from this page not:

And K4200 still won't work with repaired installation, not even with new motherboard.

Still black screen with cursor (and monitor power-off does not help indeed).

Works with fresh install, so something is still wrong with this install (besides icons).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back