Contribute
Register

Proposed ProTools HD Sandy Bridge Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
FrakkingMac said:
JK, can you upload the DSDT and identify the bios version? I have the same mobo and same issue in OSX only.

I already did upload it here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=14949&p=154768#p154768

That's the unedited DSDT from the first BIOS version. I couldn't get it to upgrade to the last one, as it wouldn't boot from several USB sticks.

JK, that's the Supermicro. I was hoping you could upload the ASUS DSDT original, and your fixed and confirm bios version. I may be able to help with that one and I have a vested interest. ;-)

-JK- said:
FrakkingMac said:
JK, can you upload the DSDT and identify the bios version? I have the same mobo and same issue in OSX only.

That's the unedited DSDT from the first BIOS version. I couldn't get it to upgrade to the last one, as it wouldn't boot from several USB sticks.

-JK- said:
I know, 1156 is still an option, it's just really frustrating that it doesn't want to work with Sandy Bridge. I do have the retail version of Pro Tools 9 HD installed. This is a bundle license by the way which means you can use Pro Tools 9 and 8 at the same time, so no need to keep a backup.

I still have an XP install that has PT8 HD on it. I understand that the PT9 has a combined license but if I want to work at home, once the ilok leaves the studio then.....That's why I bought an ilok 2 and moved all my licenses over to it, and downloaded my PT8 HD backup license to my old ilok before I updated to PT9. Once I updated to PT9 the backup license is removed from the account but is still on my old ilok and when I am at home with my PT9 HD license the studio can still be up and running with PT8 on the XP side. :lol:

FrakkingMac said:
JK, that's the Supermicro. I was hoping you could upload the ASUS DSDT original, and your fixed and confirm bios version. I may be able to help with that one and I have a vested interest. ;-)

-JK- said:
FrakkingMac said:

I already did upload it here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php ... 68#p154768

It's great to see you and FrakkingMac working together to get the OSX side up and running on the ASUS board. BTW, can't you update the bios with a .bin file burned to CD?

FrakkingMac said:

Oh, sorry, I didn't know that you were referring to the ASUS board. I will upload its DSDT later. Did you try disabling Hyper-Threading, Turbo etc.?

RonT said:
It's great to see you and FrakkingMac working together to get the OSX side up and running on the ASUS board. BTW, can't you update the bios with a .bin file burned to CD?

Thanks, I was really keen on getting Pro Tools 9 HD to work on a Sandy Bridge Hackintosh system, but it seems that either Avid changed their drivers too much or PCI just isn't PCI anymore (despite all the talking of legacy PCI support). I'm trying to build a system around a Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3L and an Intel Core i7 860 now.

Oh, and no, the BIOS update is old school, I have to use DOS, but burning a CD might work. I'll give it a try sometime.

FrakkingMac said:

-JK- said:
FrakkingMac said:

Here you are! BIOS version is 0302.

Attachments

• ASUS P8BC4L.zip
    391.8 KB · Views: 90
Glad to see engineers supporting the hackintosh community by venturing into a custom Mac. I just ordered the final pieces to my build which was the i7 2600k and the Logitech MK200 keyboard and mouse pack. My build includes

GA-Z68X-UD4 Mobo
i7 2600k
8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM
XFX HD5770 GPU
1TB 7200 RPM
Sony DVD RW
Corsair 750HX power supply
CM HAF Case

The final parts will be here Monday I will be running Pro Tools 9 as well as Logic with the Focusrite Saffire Pro 40. No interest in HD as I expect 64 bit Pro Tools to change everything. Over the next months I will be adding 8GB of Ram, 2 more 1TB hard drives, and a better cooler to over clock. The projects I'm running using the boot drive will be fine for everything. I'm only adding the extra drives because of samples that I collect for making beats. Pretty excited about this as it is my 2nd hackintosh.

axedye said:
Glad to see engineers supporting the hackintosh community by venturing into a custom Mac. I just ordered the final pieces to my build which was the i7 2600k and the Logitech MK200 keyboard and mouse pack. My build includes

GA-Z68X-UD4 Mobo
i7 2600k
8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM
XFX HD5770 GPU
1TB 7200 RPM
Sony DVD RW
Corsair 750HX power supply
CM HAF Case

The final parts will be here Monday I will be running Pro Tools 9 as well as Logic with the Focusrite Saffire Pro 40. No interest in HD as I expect 64 bit Pro Tools to change everything. Over the next months I will be adding 8GB of Ram, 2 more 1TB hard drives, and a better cooler to over clock. The projects I'm running using the boot drive will be fine for everything. I'm only adding the extra drives because of samples that I collect for making beats. Pretty excited about this as it is my 2nd hackintosh.

This thread is about Pro Tools HD as you can see in the thread title. There's no reason why your firewire interface shouldn't work as long as you're using a supported TI chip. It's really all about getting HD PCI-X cards to work with a Sandy Bridge Hackintosh system here...

So, in summary of this thread... so far, nobody has made a hackintosh with PCI-X slots, i7, running PT 9 HD ?

Is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back