Contribute
Register

prohibitive sign after upgrading Clover. Need advice to restore back to Mojave please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte B75M-D3H v1.1
CPU
i5-3450
Graphics
GT 1030
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi there,

I did something spudied, I upgraded Clover to the most current version and now I am not able to get into Mojave anymore. it shows a prohibitive sign( looks like a stop sign)....
I wonder what went wrong? I have do not any hardware changes and it worked with a gt 1030( not fully supported)....

1)is there a way to get back to my old Mojave?
2) I researched, it appears only High Sierra supports gt 1030, I would like to downgrade to HS, how can i downgrade it?
3) I do not want to lose any data/pictures/videos etc on my old hard drive ssd....( it'sbit small now for 128G made of intel, but I had used it since 2012 and perhaps it is a time to get a new bigger SSD, any recommendation? My motherboard is a bit old too, max speed supports is about 6g)

Thank you in advance
oh,if there is any more information is needed, please let me know, I will post more info.

Hi there,

I did something spudied, I upgraded Clover to the most current version and now I am not able to get into Mojave anymore. it shows a prohibitive sign( looks like a stop sign)....
I wonder what went wrong? I have do not any hardware changes and it worked with a gt 1030( not fully supported)....

1)is there a way to get back to my old Mojave?
2) I researched, it appears only High Sierra supports gt 1030, I would like to downgrade to HS, how can i downgrade it?
3) I do not want to lose any data/pictures/videos etc on my old hard drive ssd....( it'sbit small now for 128G made of intel, but I had used it since 2012 and perhaps it is a time to get a new bigger SSD, any recommendation? My motherboard is a bit old too, max speed supports is about 6g)

Thank you in advance
oh,if there is any more information is needed, please let me know, I will post more info.

Hi there.

The easiest way is to use your UniBeast installer USB drive, if you still have it, to boot your PC. Once at the desktop just run the older version of Clover installer to replace what you have.

I would recommend copying the current EFI folder to somewhere safe so you can refer to it if you need to.

Clover should not delete any configuration settings, but just downgrade itself. If this does not go as expected, boot with the UniBeast installer again and remove the EFI folder (you have already backed-up), then run the older Clover installer again. With this second method you will need to re-do all the kexts and drivers and configuration you had previously.

Neither method should harm your macOS installation or data.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back