HD 4600 / HD 7750
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Which HP SFF system are you using?

Pro Desk 400 G1.. I was using some newer versions of pciid but I don't think UIA. Though I know there is an updated version of that I saw also

H81 I guess

Screen Shot 2023-08-16 at 2.49.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-16 at 2.30.30 PM.png

Attachments

• OC.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 58
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    17 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I’ll have a look at the OC folder and DSDT tomorrow (Thursday).

Pro Desk 400 G1.. I was using some newer versions of pciid but I don't think UIA. Though I know there is an updated version of that I saw also

H81 I guess

View attachment 570436

View attachment 570433

Disable the USBPorts.kext.

With version 0.9.3 or later of OpenCore activate the XhciPortLimit quirk.

Reboot. Check hackintool again.

With the present USBPorts the EHCI controller ports seem to have been removed.

I've had a look at your OC folder and made some changes, that I think will help your system.

Your current OC folder contains the following:

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 19.33.54.png

The revised OC folder contains the following:

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 20.14.43.png

As you can see there are a few obvious changes in the ACPI, Drivers and Kexts folders. These changes have been carried through to the config.plist.

I have also included a few other changes in the config.plist, including but not restricted to the following:
  1. cleaning up and removing some unnecessary patches,
  2. enabling the entries required for HP systems,
  3. enabling XhciPortLimit Quirk and adding USBInjectAll.kext so you can map the Usb ports without any issues, and
  4. changing a few entries that do not follow the OC Haswell guide.
You need to add your Serial Number to the revised config.plist and save the file.

I would recommend you then add the OC folder to a copy of your current EFI folder (overwriting the existing OC folder). The revised EFI folder should then be copied to the EFI partition, on a spare USB pen drive.

Boot the HP system from the USB drive's EFI partition, not your macOS drive.

When you first get to the OC boot screen press the spacebar to unhide the Auxiliary tools/drivers and use the ResetNvramEntry.efi to clear any old Nvram entries before you boot with the new OC folder.

Let us know how this revised OC folder behaves.

Attachments

• OC-revised.zip
    6 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
The majority of the new SSDT's in the ACPI folder were generated using the system DSDT.aml you provided and Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script. These should work better than the generic SSDT's you were using.

When checking whether the SSDT-HPET table was required, the script said it wasn't. This is why I removed it and the associated ACPI Patches you had in the config.plist.

Hey thanks I will see how it goes. Did I understand the wording in that the new config should be edited to add the serial number and then replace the OC folder on the drives EFI with the new one but dont boot from the drive but boot from another copy of the new OC folder on the EFI of a USB drive and reset the nvram first before booting on the Drive? I just wonder why we want to do it that way if I understood correctly...

Edit: Did it this way. Booted using the USB EFI. I see you used a newer version of UIA. I see there is one newer than that as well ver. 8.0 available. No EHC are enabled. The new IOReg does not detect the USB devices. System info and Hackintool do.

So I should just follow the instructions on Hackintool to map the USB again?

The absence of the HPET removes the onboard audio but besides that system seems to run well.

Had really no problems with USB before but was messing with CSR Bluetooth to get running possibly but from what I read its a waste of time. First had a chipset that was said not to work with Mac OS then got one that was said to work but the one that was not supposed to work worked with Bluetoolfixup or acted like it did though no device would show up. The one said to work never registered. Need to just get a proper one. What's funny is now its plugged in and the bluetooth on menu bar shows as activated but in system info its not even on the usb host, only shows in Hackintool.

Screen Shot 2023-08-17 at 3.32.24 PM.png

Last edited:
Did I understand the wording in that the new config should be edited to add the serial number and then replace the OC folder on the drives EFI with the new one but dont boot from the drive but boot from another copy of the new OC folder on the EFI of a USB drive and reset the nvram first before booting on the Drive?
No this is not correct.

What I said to do is this (but not in so many words):
  1. Assuming you want to test the revised EFI and you do not want to overwrite your current 'working' EFI folder, yet.
    1. You need to add your serial number to the config.plist in the revised EFI I attached. As it is missing from the revised config.plist.
    2. You should copy the revised EFI folder to the EFI partition on a spare USB pen drive, which has been formatted HFS+ & GUID.
    3. Then boot your system using the USB pen drive, you need to access HP's Boot Menu to do this.
      1. To access the one-time boot menu on your HP system press the 'Esc' key, when the HP logo appears or immediately after turning it on, if you have set the bios not to show the HP splash screen.
    4. Select the UEFI partition from your USB pen drive to boot the system.
  2. When you arrive on the OpenCore boot screen (GUI) do the following:
    1. Press the spacebar to unhide the drivers and tools enabled in the OC setup.
    2. Select the ResetNvramEntry.efi, this will automatically clear/reset the Nvram and reboot the system.
    3. You will need to use the HP Boot menu again to boot from the USB pen drive.
      1. This time when you get to the OC boot screen select your macOS icon to boot the system using the revised OC EFI.
If all is well with the revised OC EFI folder, then it can be used to replace your current OC EFI folder.

However, do not replace your current EFI folder until you are sure it works, or without having a backup copy of your current EFI.

Cool, thank you. That makes sense. I will just use hackintool to re-map the usb. So with the way the new USB system works, the EHCI ports wont show up in system info or IOregistry Explorer these days? Or if they do, no devices will be on them because the system mixes and adds them to the XHCI device?

As far as USB wifi and bluetooth, I think they would be more handy to keep around to work on systems that aren't set up instead of leaving them on a system unless absolutely necessary. When in the machine I did not pay close attention and see that there are PCIe 1 slots. Spending another 30 for a combo on the PCIe. 90 dollars is still pretty good for a fairly complete system.

Last edited:
The SSDT-EHCx-OFF.aml table turns the EHC1 and EHC2 USB controllers off completely. So neither will show in macOS while the ACPI table is in use.

If you have a spare x1 PCIe slot then adding an adapter and native Broadcom WiFi/BT card is (I have found) always the best option. The PCIe adapters I have bought nearly always come with a low profile bracket, so they work in SFF systems. My two Dell OptiPlex 3050 (KBL) systems both have a low profile GPU (WX4100) & native WiFi/BT card installed in this way.

I know your EFI folder doesn’t contain any references, fixes or patches related to your WX4100 card, as the card is natively supported and the only graphics related kext present is WhateverGreen.

Back