MSi X99A-MPOWER
CPU
Intel Core i7-6850K
Graphics
Inno3D GTX 780 iChill
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I have some weird issues with USB in my laptop. I have two USB2 ports, and two USB3 ports. Right after the installation of Yosemite, all USB2 ports are working perfectly. But somehow, after installing the GenericUSBXHCI kext, the USB2 ports stop working, and only one USB3 ports works. However when I was using Mavericks every single USB port worked... Does someone know how to fix this? I am able to restore to Mavericks, but it would be great if I could keep using Yosemite.

Hi,

I have some weird issues with USB in my laptop. I have two USB2 ports, and two USB3 ports. Right after the installation of Yosemite, all USB2 ports are working perfectly. But somehow, after installing the GenericUSBXHCI kext, the USB2 ports stop working, and only one USB3 ports works. However when I was using Mavericks every single USB port worked... Does someone know how to fix this? I am able to restore to Mavericks, but it would be great if I could keep using Yosemite.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext should be avoided on Yosemite. It barely works on 10.10 and crashes on 10.11.

So the kext should be avoided, I get that. But how do I get USB3 to work?

So the kext should be avoided, I get that. But how do I get USB3 to work?

Use native AppleUSBXHCI.kext with appropriate DSDT patches (for instant wake) and either the multiplex patch or FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext (never both).

Use native AppleUSBXHCI.kext with appropriate DSDT patches (for instant wake) and either the multiplex patch or FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext (never both).
@Rehab,
I tried the FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext but instant wake dint help. could you look at my DSDT and tell me which patch to be applied for the DSDT

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    61.3 KB · Views: 114
i believe this patch is to solve instant wake but my request was to enable wake on USB. I think i understood it wrong.

Patches for instant wake disable wake on USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back