Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
Intel Core i9-9900K
Graphics
AMD RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

I finally thought I had successfully installed Mojave on my Hackintosh. I logged into my iCloud and had rebooted my PC multiple times with no issue. I shut it down and returned to it later only to find that I get this screen when opening Mojave from the clover menu (see attached). Does anyone know what this means or how to troubleshoot this? I've tried restarting with my thumb drive in, but I honestly don't know what else to do. Maybe it's because I have Windows installed on my PC too? I can still access Windows though. I'm a novice when it comes to Hackintosh builds and PC terminology, so any help I can get would be massively appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_5113.JPG
    IMG_5113.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Hello!

I finally thought I had successfully installed Mojave on my Hackintosh. I logged into my iCloud and had rebooted my PC multiple times with no issue. I shut it down and returned to it later only to find that I get this screen when opening Mojave from the clover menu (see attached). Does anyone know what this means or how to troubleshoot this? I've tried restarting with my thumb drive in, but I honestly don't know what else to do. I'm a novice when it comes to Hackintosh builds and PC terminology, so any help I can get would be massively appreciated.

Hi there.

Does your PC boot okay into Mojave using the UniBeast installer USB stick?

Did you run MultiBeast once you have completed the initial installation?

The problem in your screengrab is a common one and easily rectified, but more info is needed. Perhaps upload Problem Reporting Files:

Or at least your main EFI folder, with your Serial number and UUID blanked etc.

:)

My PC booted fine into Mojave with the USB, but I started having problems once I disconnected the USB and shut down the computer. I didn't think it would need the USB to open anymore? But now even with it plugged back in, it doesn't work.

As far as the steps I took, I completed every step on this guide up until it says "Going the extra mile": https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/

Also, am I supposed to run the file from the link you sent me on the Hackintosh? Because I don't know how I can do that if I can't access it. I'm viewing this forum through my laptop.

My PC booted fine into Mojave with the USB, but I started having problems once I disconnected the USB and shut down the computer. I didn't think it would need the USB to open anymore? But now even with it plugged back in, it doesn't work.

As far as the steps I took, I completed every step on this guide up until it says "Going the extra mile": https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/

Also, am I supposed to run the file from the link you sent me on the Hackintosh? Because I don't know how I can do that if I can't access it. I'm viewing this forum through my laptop.
your hardware profile should be:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU: should list your cpu, not your memory
Graphics: AMD RX 570

Sorry about that! I'm really new to all of this as you can probably tell. I updated my info

CPU is Intel Core i9-9900K

Okay, boot using your UniBeast installer and then zip the EFI folder from your main drive's EFI partition and upload it instead.

Use DiskUtility to identify the disk ID of your main drive.
Use EFI Mounter v3.1 from our downloads section and mount the EFI partition on the drive you just identified.
Use finder to navigate into it and then use Terminal to "zip" the folder to upload it. If you type "zip" without and arguments it will list the options you can use. You can always use an alternative, more friendly zip utility instead of course.

As a complete alternative, just copy the EFI folder from the UniBeast stick into place on your Mojave drive and boot with that for now.

Okay, boot using your UniBeast installer and then zip the EFI folder from your main drive's EFI partition and upload it instead.

Use DiskUtility to identify the disk ID of your main drive.
Use EFI Mounter v3.1 from our downloads section and mount the EFI partition on the drive you just identified.
Use finder to navigate into it and then use Terminal to "zip" the folder to upload it. If you type "zip" without and arguments it will list the options you can use. You can always use an alternative, more friendly zip utility instead of course.

As a complete alternative, just copy the EFI folder from the UniBeast stick into place on your Mojave drive and boot with that for now.

Okay, so I'm trying to do this but my clover menu automatically tries to boot up Mojave within 3 seconds after loading. Is there a way to turn that off?

Okay, so I'm trying to do this but my clover menu automatically tries to boot up Mojave within 3 seconds after loading. Is there a way to turn that off?

Well you need to get into Mojave so that's not a problem.

But if you want to stop Clover auto-booting you can stop it manually by just pressing a cursor-key, say to the right etc.

I think I figured it out? I pressed F12 when it was booting up and selected the USB and now I can log in! Does that mean I need the USB to be plugged in at all times?

I'm so sorry for all of the confusion, I am beyond lost when it comes to all of this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back