I5
Graphics
GTX670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good Day All,

I've been following this excellent guide https://noberoi.wordpress.com/ to do my install of Yosemite and I've come to a bit of a hitch in the progress. I've done some research on here and seem to still be stuck. So here's my problem, I can't seem to see drives that are mounted in order to copy files from the usb with unibeast to the root drive. Specifically at this part of the instruction is where I am having trouble -

"So, plug in your Unibeast USB drive if it is not already plugged in. Then, open a new terminal window and type in

diskutil list

to identify your EFI partition (it will be under IDENTIFIER). Double check that you are using the correct partition (for me it was disk0s1). Now type the following as is.

> cd /Volumes/UnibeastUSB/usr/standalone/i386
> sudo -s
<enter your password>
> fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0
> dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s1
> cp boot /Volumes/EFI

Close terminal. Now drag and drop /Extra file from your root drive to the EFI partition. "

I can get the commands in on the terminal fine, but I can't drag and drop anything because I can't seem to find what it's talking about.

I'd certainly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
butt3rs84

Good Day All,

I've been following this excellent guide https://noberoi.wordpress.com/ to do my install of Yosemite and I've come to a bit of a hitch in the progress. I've done some research on here and seem to still be stuck. So here's my problem, I can't seem to see drives that are mounted in order to copy files from the usb with unibeast to the root drive. Specifically at this part of the instruction is where I am having trouble -

"So, plug in your Unibeast USB drive if it is not already plugged in. Then, open a new terminal window and type in

diskutil list

to identify your EFI partition (it will be under IDENTIFIER). Double check that you are using the correct partition (for me it was disk0s1). Now type the following as is.

> cd /Volumes/UnibeastUSB/usr/standalone/i386
> sudo -s
<enter your password>
> fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0
> dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s1
> cp boot /Volumes/EFI

Close terminal. Now drag and drop /Extra file from your root drive to the EFI partition. "

I can get the commands in on the terminal fine, but I can't drag and drop anything because I can't seem to find what it's talking about.

I'd certainly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
butt3rs84

This guide you're following is more complicated than it needs to be. It's also using the Chameleon bootloader instead of Chimera; Chimera is the bootloader which is supported at this site. My suggestion is to reinstall, following this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html. I guarantee your install will go more smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back