ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello it’s my first time on the forum,

I’m having a couple issues with audio and I’m thinking I probably misconfigured something.

The first issue is the audio devices are inconsistent, sometimes I get four different HDMI audio devices but then after rebooting sometimes I get only the line in/out devices.

The second issue is sound cracking, after about 2 minutes of playing sound through a device it begins to get static and starts popping/cracking. If I leave it and let it run then eventually it makes a terribly loud white noise and I have to switch sound devices to stop it. I think it’s also important to note that it does not behave like this with USB sound devices (odd?)

I have tried way to many things that I know nothing about in attempt to fix these problems and now I’ve resorted to the forum.

Attached I have included my clover config, and below is the build info.
I think I may have installed realtek audio but don’t exactly know if I did it the correct way.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Build Info:
Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero, ATX
CPU: Intel i7-7700K
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060

Attachments

• CloverConfigFolder.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 80
The first issue is the audio devices are inconsistent, sometimes I get four different HDMI audio devices but then after rebooting sometimes I get only the line in/out devices.
Voodoo?

No I don't believe I used Voodoo.
Are you suggesting I use it?

So I did a little more digging around and it seems a bit strange:
In Multibeast the description for ALC1220 claims that it install RealtekALC.kext into /Library/Extensions. Well, RealtekALC.kext isn't there and neither is AppleHDA.kext.
I looked in /System/Library/Extensions and found both the AppleHDA kernel extension and the VoodooHDA kext.

Is this correct? I have no idea what I'm looking at.

I was sure I installed ALC1220 in Multibeast based on the clover config:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.12-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1220</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>ixnUEQ==</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleHDA</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>IBLsEA==</data>
</dict>

Last edited: