Contribute
Register

Problem with installing Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, when looking around on the intenret some people said the command mach_kernel : workm does anyone know if it works and if it's safe ? And is it any better the -no-zp ?

another command people are saying what work is
Mode=1920x1080x32

also before I was told to remove my gpu and then try to install the OS does anyone know why I was getting the fuzzy screen ?

Can anyone please help, I can't figuer out how to get it to work I've tried all code that's been posted in the post and it still stuck on the apple boot logo and still can install the OS. I'm trying to install Mavericks to see if that work.

if anyone know how to fix the apple boot issue so I'm able to install the OS, please I've been looking everywhere and can't find any info that will work!

so if you could please help me.

Hey, buddy
I
Maybe you should try to disable your Intel integrated graphic card. I use 4790k too.
ffff
After I disabled the intel integrate graphic card. I could reach the installer without any boot flags, such as maxmen=4096, -x, -no-zp.

And the installation would not freeze during the process. Also the issue of "essentials.pkg" would not happen.

However, there is still some boot panic. I just hard reboot and the second time it booted into system successfully.

Hey, buddy
I
Maybe you should try to disable your Intel integrated graphic card. I use 4790k too.
ffff
After I disabled the intel integrate graphic card. I could reach the installer without any boot flags, such as maxmen=4096, -x, -no-zp.

And the installation would not freeze during the process. Also the issue of "essentials.pkg" would not happen.

However, there is still some boot panic. I just hard reboot and the second time it booted into system successfully.

So all I need to do is disable my Intel integrated graphic card, if so how do I disable It and do I need to enable it again once instalment has finished or keep it disabled?

Sorry, it is not perfect even you disable the intel integrate graphic card. Because if you do so, the audio would not work normally.

And if you enable the intel integrate graphic card, you will get panic again when boot into system.

Hey, Haru

Maybe you should try this method. It worked for my. http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ess-yosemite-ga-z97x-ud3h-i5-4690-gtx660.html

The issue cause the panic I was facing is the RAM.

I follow the method and it works. Yes, the issue is the 16GB of RAM. And there is actually no need to disable on board graphics card (which will make the audio function abnormal).

And the boot flags of "-x GraphicsEnabler=No" is needed before the setup of MultiBeast. Otherwise you will not be able to reach the installer (both the 1st installation and the 2nd installation after the reboot).

And after the setup of MultiBeast, I shut down my PC then plugged the other 8GB of RAM back then boot again. It's a miracle that I am able to enter the system. But everyone should be patient that int the Apple bar screen it takes about 2 minute to start so do not turn off your PC. Finally, enjoy your Yosemite.

PS: Do as strictly same as what the author said. However it seems that GTX970 is not native supported.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back