Not open for further replies.
Do you just type "-v" or "GraphicsEnabler=no -v"

Here is what it looks like
IMG_0722.jpg

Yes using HDMI

Do you just type "-v" or "GraphicsEnabler=no -v"

GraphicsEnabler=no is wrong and has no effect - It should be GraphicsEnabler=No

Good Luck

Hello, I just finished putting together my hackantosh and went to install the Mac OS X but ran into two problem.

Problem 1 : When pressing F12 to go into the Boot Menu and clicking on the USB give to install the OS, it starts up a loading bar with the apple logo above but it stops loading less then half way and did not move for the next 45 minuets after that I restarted the computer and tried again but a different way thats where problem 2 comes into play. Below is a photo of problem 1

Problem 2 : When selecting since OS to installed I then typed in "GraphicsEnabler=no" (most people said it will fix most issues with the os instalment, after I type it in the load bar comes up again it starts loading and stops in the same spot like before but this time a hole bunch of text comes up on the screen, screen shot below.
Right know I'm trying to install it again and also making another bootable USB dive just to make sure nothing went wrong when putting the OS on to the USB bootable dive.

Specs :
intel i7Geforce 970
Gigayte z97X-Gaming 7 motherboardCooler Master V750 Semi-Modularkingston hyperx 16gb (2x 8gb) 6x fans
2TB WD sata drive

Does anyone know how to fix these issues ? Thank you for your time and have a great day.

UPDATE : just typed in "GraphicsEnabler=no -x -v" and saw the error "localhost .com.apple.xpc.lainchd[1] <Error> assertion 14B25: lanchhd + 184274 {55B9FF23-B298-32"

Hi, buddy

I face the same issue. However, if you want to get to the installer you can try these two type of boot flags:

1. GrahphicsEnabler=No -x maxmem=4096

or

2. -no-zp

I have tried both methods and they both worked. However, I did not know the how these two ways work exactly. Also I don't know the exact adverse effects of these two methods.

Good luck

As the comment said before by "TomHsiung" are using the GrahphicsEnabler=No -x maxmem=4096 or -no-zp commends safe to use if they do work / what do they do ?

or does anyone else know how to fix my problem.

Howver, still installing panic or halt with -x maxmen=4096 GraphicsEnabler=No

at present, it seems that the flag of -no-zp is the only way with least possibility of encountering install panic.

So is -no-zp the safes way to be able to install the OS ? Or Is there another way ?

plus does anyone know why this is happing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back