GeForce GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I just finished putting together my hackantosh and went to install the Mac OS X but ran into two problem.

Problem 1 : When pressing F12 to go into the Boot Menu and clicking on the USB give to install the OS, it starts up a loading bar with the apple logo above but it stops loading less then half way and did not move for the next 45 minuets after that I restarted the computer and tried again but a different way thats where problem 2 comes into play. Below is a photo of problem 1

11aaof5.jpg

Problem 2 : When selecting since OS to installed I then typed in "GraphicsEnabler=no" (most people said it will fix most issues with the os instalment, after I type it in the load bar comes up again it starts loading and stops in the same spot like before but this time a hole bunch of text comes up on the screen, screen shot below.
2iqi5f.jpg

Right know I'm trying to install it again and also making another bootable USB dive just to make sure nothing went wrong when putting the OS on to the USB bootable dive.

Specs :
intel i7Geforce 970
Gigayte z97X-Gaming 7 motherboardCooler Master V750 Semi-Modularkingston hyperx 16gb (2x 8gb) 6x fans
2TB WD sata drive

Does anyone know how to fix these issues ? Thank you for your time and have a great day.

UPDATE : just typed in "GraphicsEnabler=no -x -v" and saw the error "localhost .com.apple.xpc.lainchd[1] <Error> assertion 14B25: lanchhd + 184274 {55B9FF23-B298-32"

Last edited:
I could not add is due to a time out error I was getting but have been updated now, thanks tho for the info.

Updated both, sorry for that all info should be there now. thanks for the help setting that up.

Right know trying a different USB and formatting it then useg UniBeast again to see if something went wrong in doing it the first time.

With using UniBeast and picking a Support option it says "If using a 5 or 6 Series system with AWARD BIOS choose Legacy USB Support" I normal don't cheek ether Laptop support or Legacy USB support since most people say to skip this step and click continue.

It does say a
5 or 6 Series system is for LGA 1156 motherboards mine is a LGA 1150 motherboard. Since mine is not a LGA 1156 or a laptop so I'm guessing I just click "Continue" like everyone else says to click ?

You have a series 9 boards (from z97).

I think your problem might be your 970 gpu, you may have to install without it and and use your internal graphics instead.

Once its working you can download nvidia drivers and then install your card.

Search the forum for your gpu and you will find a better explanation.

oh okay thanks, removing the gpu now and then going to try installing the OS again, thanks for the help. will reply back if there is a issue or the os installs correctly.

When installing the OS with out the gpu, It starts up with the apple and loading bar, it loads to less then half way then It goes black then goes to a static screen, screen shot below.
ne6jqf.jpg
(for some reason uploading the photo puts it upside down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back