Contribute
Register

Problem with installing el capitan on Asrock H170 PRO4 and i5 6500

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the DDR3 version of this motherboard and the i5-6500 and it was an almost vanilla install. I suspect you guys have changed so many things that as you fix one thing you've created another problem elsewhere. It's best to start from scratch, resetting the BIOS to defaults and making a new install drive.

My advice is to use the standard installation guide as per the main menu with the following additions:

- remove all extra hardware and use integrated graphics for your install
- update to the latest BIOS. You may have a very old one. This is easy and can be done within the BIOS via ethernet.
- apply standard, recommended BIOS settings but also do CSM disable.
- make sure you're installing OS X 10.11.4 or later with the latest Unibeast and Multibeast packages.
- when you reach the Clover boot screen go into Options > PCI Devices > Fix USB Ownership and make sure it has a cross, you won't get to the installer without this. You'll need to set this option each time you boot or modify the Clover config file to set the option permanently.

The only practical way to proceed is to know exactly what you've done and then solve each problem as you go. It's a good idea to note down what you've used and configured at each step.

So, I have prepared my stick with UniBeast 6.2, the el capitan version I used I do not know what is.
I disabled from the bios Vt-d option, and I put the key (I tried it with and without the video card but nothing). Startup of the stick I set the usb fix like you said, and his other options that are close because someone recommended it to me, do not use the name of the options.
I also wrote nv_disable = 1 but this is not any good. the installation does not start. :(

@
nutjob
I do not write on this thread .... how do I work out if I always lock the thread?!?! :(
The version is this: 1.7.28

Last edited:
So, I have prepared my stick with UniBeast 6.2, the el capitan version I used I do not know what is.
I disabled from the bios Vt-d option, and I put the key (I tried it with and without the video card but nothing). Startup of the stick I set the usb fix like you said, and his other options that are close because someone recommended it to me, do not use the name of the options.
I also wrote nv_disable = 1 but this is not any good. the installation does not start. :(

Select the "Install OS X El Capitan" file in your Applications folder and do a "Get Info." In the "Version" field does it say 1.7.44 or 1.7.46 or some other number?

@
nutjob
I do not write on this thread .... how do I work out if I always lock the thread?!?! :(
The version is this: 1.7.28

You are trying to install 10.11.0 on Skylake - that will not work

You must download 10.11.4 (or 10.11.5) and create the USB using that. Follow my instructions above and it should work fine.

(I don't know why the thread is being locked)

Last edited:
You are trying to install 10.11.0 on Skylake - that will not work

You must download 10.11.4 (or 10.11.5) and create the USB using that. Follow my instructions above and it should work fine.

(I don't know why the thread is being locked)

I downloaded the version 10.11.4 and I prepared the stick. (I also added the config file of a boy who had my own mother) board manages to overcome the mistake of appearing before then however many written and the pc reboots :/ I also activated the USB Fix option but nothing Ownership

(I tested it with the video card inserted, I have to kill?)

I downloaded the version 10.11.4 and I prepared the stick. (I also added the config file of a boy who had my own mother) board manages to overcome the mistake of appearing before then however many written and the pc reboots :/ I also activated the USB Fix option but nothing Ownership

(I tested it with the video card inserted, I have to kill?)

My recomendation id to follow this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/p...0-pro4-and-i5-6500.193388/page-2#post-1258390

Nothing even that part of the installation. I did like you said :/
End written and restarts
i wonder if the usb drive is giving you issues... do you a different usb drive you can test it on? not sure if it would make a difference but worth a shot if nothing else is working.

i wonder if the usb drive is giving you issues... do you a different usb drive you can test it on? not sure if it would make a difference but worth a shot if nothing else is working.

I have already tried with 2 keys and the best I had was also burned

Oh my God! I did, I wrote these boot flags: -v dart=0 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mod=1 -x -x cpus=1

I finish the installation and tell you (If I can do a guide)

Another thing, how do I install chimera not to start more via OS X dongle? And as imposed flags boot so no more having to put on every boot?

When I install the Nvidia Drivers appears to me in the top bar the nvidia logo but on reboot is gone and it's like really has nothing installed as if everything falls to zero.

Do not work well either the USB ports, as I do?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back