Contribute
Register

[Problem] No GPU Accelerated Thunderbolt Support? (Z77MX-D3H TH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z77MX-D3H TH, 16GB, Apple Cinema Display
CPU
Intel i7 3770k
Graphics
GTX 670 2gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have just bought a "hackintosh" setup, with parts i figured would work..
However, i cannot get picture out the Thunderbolt port when i use the GFX card.

I havent yet installed OSX (just getting everything to work first)

Parts:
Z77MX-G3H TH
16GB RAM
Gainward GTX 670 2GB
Apple Cinema Display 27"

Tryed:
Without graphic card (works)
Several bios setups, (every combination of PEG / IGFX http://imgur.com/a/nlEsd#0) Not 100% my bios but.. (never works with gfx card)

What works:
intel HD4000 to thunderbolt (with gfx card ON but not doing anything (10fps in game were 60+++ with gfx card)
Gtx 670 to HDMI, DVI etc (but not thunderbolt)

What fails:
GPU accelerated graphics trough the

Any tips? Im sorry if it looks messy or if i forgot anything, im just getting very desperate, it seems everyone that has my setup (ACD27" got it working without any hazzle)
I can buy a graphiccard with mini displayport, but i want a powerfull one that im sure that works with OSX.....
No nvidia card at my dealer has one with mini displayport!

You can't use the Thunderbolt port for a separate graphic card in OSX.
This works only in Windows with VirtuMVP software.
Under OSX the Thunderbolt ports are only for the HD4000 graphic included in the cpu.

Under OSX the Thunderbolt ports are only for the HD4000 graphic included in the cpu.

O****... :p
This was something i shouldve found out before i guess, ill order up a displayport to FEMALE Mini displayport so i can use my cinema display? :)
Its the only screen i want to have in my livingroom so ill have to get it working :)

O****... :p
This was something i shouldve found out before i guess, ill order up a displayport to FEMALE Mini displayport so i can use my cinema display? :)
Its the only screen i want to have in my livingroom so ill have to get it working :)

Don't need any adapter. Just plug the mini dp plug from the cinema display into the Thunderbolt port.

That works only with HD4000 gpu.... I want to play games- and use photoshop / edit movies wich needs a graphic card...
And thats what I cannot get to work :)

But thanks for the tips guys! Keep 'em coming if you think of anything! :)

That works only with HD4000 gpu.... I want to play games- and use photoshop / edit movies wich needs a graphic card...
And thats what I cannot get to work :)

But thanks for the tips guys! Keep 'em coming if you think of anything! :)

You graphic card has a Displayport. Why you don't connect your screen there ?

You graphic card has a Displayport. Why you don't connect your screen there ?

Waiting on the displayport (male) to mini displayport (female) and i guess it works, but are there no support for the AMD 7870 cards etc? :)

but are there no support for the AMD 7870 cards etc? :)

No, since there is no Apple product with an AMD 7xxx card. All the newer Macs use NVidia.

Khe91 is right, you could dual boot and use a Dgpu for games under Windows with dual boot. Or wait for an update from Apple to use both iGPU and dgpu. I use mountain lion for web development and Windows for games.

Not sure I correctly get what you're saying so I'm posting just to be sure.

I have a Z77-UP5-TH with an Apple Thunderbolt Display connected on it. If I buy for example a GTX 660 TI or 670 I'll be able to use this card for games on Windows using dual boot right ? And this because of a software called VirtuMVP ?

Sorry for the trouble but I just want to be totally sure before buying such a card...

Thanks in advance for you help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back