Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
LENOVO LNVNB161216
CPU
i7-7820HK
Graphics
GTX 1070, 1920x1080
Hi,
Im trying to get my laptop to work correctly. The problem is mostly post-install. I get it to boot without a USB-stick, but only when in Clover Boot Menu enable "Dell SMBIOS Patch", "Disable KASLR", i had to to the same to install.
When i enter MacOS there are some graphical glitches at login, but the biggest hassle is only one USB port is working, and the keyboard is not.

Sorry if any trouble shooting files are missing, how would i get them without the USB stick?

Last edited:
And im also unsure when it comes to the Optimus thing. I've read that computers with G-Sync and a 1070 dont support Optimus.

Hi,
Im trying to get my laptop to work correctly. The problem is mostly post-install. I get it to boot without a USB-stick, but only when in Clover Boot Menu enable "Dell SMBIOS Patch", "Disable KASLR", i had to to the same to install.
When i enter MacOS there are some graphical glitches at login, but the biggest hassle is only one USB port is working, and the keyboard is not.

Sorry if any trouble shooting files are missing, how would i get them without the USB stick?

You should insure your EFI/Clover setup on HDD EFI is the same as USB.

You should insure your EFI/Clover setup on HDD EFI is the same as USB.

Thanks for replying! I figured out the problem on my own, how? No clue. A little poking around and messing with kexts, i guess.
But i have to ask, why does the Dell SMBIOS patch help me boot? Its impossible to boot without it.

Thanks for replying! I figured out the problem on my own, how? No clue. A little poking around and messing with kexts, i guess.
But i have to ask, why does the Dell SMBIOS patch help me boot? Its impossible to boot without it.

The problem is most common on Dell, but...
There may be other non-Dell computers with the same BIOS issue solved by DellSMBIOSPatch.

Do you have a working plist for Y920 you can share?

Do the graphics, HDMI and Bluetooth work?
Any guide to install?
I already tried two guides and did not go past End RandomSeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back