CPU
Xeon E5-1660 CPU 3.3 GHz:
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone, this is my first post, so bear with me, il try and post as good a question as I can. If something is unclear please let me know. I'm hoping to get some help with entering the BIOS on my ProBesk 600. I've put this question in Hardware Troubleshooting because that's where i'm suspecting the problem lies.

1) I am trying to boot to the BIOS on my HP ProDesk. I have tried connecting to my monitor through the Display Port of both the Graphics Card and directly from the Motherboard. Booting to Windows 10 pro is running perfectly. But when I try to boot to BIOS the screen turns black and the screen goes into sleep mode, but the fan of the ProDesk is running. I have tried both stating BIOS by holding delete, esc and by tapping f10.

2) I have also tried entering BIOS through the troubleshooting screen (The menu you can get to by holding down shift while turning on the ProDesk). The menu comes up with the various options to troubleshoot and so on, but the "UEFI firmware settings" (which I was told in this video, to click on, does not show up) but when clicking "Command Prompt" the screen goes black and into sleep, just like when holding/tapping the aforementioned keys while powering on the ProDesk (so this is a way to recreate the original issue from point 1).

I also tried purchasing a VGA to HDMI cable. Plugging VGA into the Pro Desks' own port (not the Graphics Card) and the HDMI into my monitor. Thinking that the issue might be that the BIOS isn't able to output through Display Port. But when doing this no signal is transferred to my monitor, not even when booting into Windows 10.

It seems like the ProDesk might actually be entering the BIOS, it's just not showing on the screen. But this is just a theory.

I hope some of you folks out there can help me find out what can I do to enter/see the BIOS?

Specs
Model: HP ProDesk 600 G1
CPU: i7 4770
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro 600
Ram: 16GB

Screen: Dell Ultrasharp U2415 24.0-Inch, 3 x DP, 2 x HDMI

Hope this was clear Best Wishes :)

Attachments

• hp-elitedesk-800-g1-1.jpg
    hp-elitedesk-800-g1-1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 395
So I figured it out. The BIOS was set to output through the NVIDIA Quadro PGU in the machine and can only output through either the GPU or the motherboard itself. I inserted the Displayport cable into the GPU's port (even though I was more than shura that I had already tried this) and was able to get into the BIOS by tapping f10 when starting the machine. Inside the BIOS under Advanced > VGA configuration > Intel VGA controller (instead of Intel VGA controller) I made the BIOS and therefore also Clover output through the motherboards own DisplayPort.
Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 21.33.05.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back