Contribute
Register

Problem: CustoMac Pro is working ustable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
Radeon 7970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Cheers,
I am in big trouble with my CustoMac and a big sorry for my English writing, i am from Germany.

At the end of 2016, I build my first Hackintosh with the instructions out of the Forum.
I wanted to create a stable new Workstation for my Studio, so I choose the Custom Mac Pro Build.

The Specs in detail:
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
Intel Core i7 6700
AMD Radeon 7970 (was in my Hardware box so i used it)
32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
2x 525GB Crucial MX300
2x 3000GB WD Red
For cooling i am using a Corsair H60

The Installation of macOS Sierra seemed to be no problem, but nothing worked well.
I had Ssoftware crashes near by every software I ran. Also, the drivers for LAN and USB 3.0 aren't working well. Sometimes, I lost the Internet connection, and the USB 3 Ports are only working with USB 2 devices.

I was in trouble, cause i had to record an Album for a Band. So, I used my old MacBook from early 2012.

In the last Months I read a lot of threads about my hardware, and I reinstalled Sierra several times with different BIOS settings, etc. Nothing helped. It seems that the Computer is working well directly after the boot, but, when I am working (sometimes 30 min, sometimes 3 Hours), the software crashes. It is not important which software I am running In Logic, Final Cut or Safari; it is every time the same.
And I also have the LAN and USB 3 problems up to now.

Does anyone have the same Problems or can help me... I will by happy, 'cause I want to upgrade my studio early as possible.

Thanks ;)

Does anyone have the same Problems or can help me... I will by happy, 'cause I want to upgrade my studio early as possible.

Thanks ;)

Here is a link to Mac Mans tutorial for "How to setup Clover Hotpatch to patch ACPI".
Not sure if it will help with your problems, but my Sierra build is running great now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back